Finding ways to stay cool and hydrated is a part and parcel of summer. One delightful and refreshing option is nannari sharbat, a traditional Indian drink made from the roots of the nannari plant also known as Indian Sarsaparilla (Hemidesmus indicus). This homemade concoction not only offers a unique and satisfying taste but also provides numerous health benefits. Let’s take you through the simple process of making nannari sharbat at home and explore its incredible health benefits during the summer season.
1. Cooling and Hydrating: It acts as a natural coolant and helps in maintaining body temperature during hot summer days. It aids in preventing heat strokes and dehydration by keeping your body refreshed and hydrated.
2. Detoxifying Properties: Nannari roots possess detoxifying properties that can help cleanse the body and flush out toxins. This makes nannari sharbat an excellent choice for detoxification and promoting overall well-being.
3. Digestive Aid: This sharbat can assist in improving digestion and alleviating common digestive issues like acidity and bloating. It stimulates the secretion of digestive juices and helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
4. Blood Purifier: Regular consumption of this summer drink is believed to purify the blood and promote healthy skin. It helps in treating skin conditions like acne, pimples, and eczema, giving you a natural glow.
5. Cooling Effect on the Body: Nannari sharbat is known for its cooling properties that soothe the body and provide relief from internal heat. It helps reduce inflammation, especially during the hot summer months.
6. Rejuvenating and Energizing: It also acts as an excellent revitalizer, providing an instant burst of energy and refreshing your body and mind. It can help combat fatigue and keep you active throughout the day.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
* 50 grams of dried nannari roots
* 1 liter of water
* 1 cup of honey (adjust according to taste)
* Juice of half a lemon (optional)
*I ce cubes (for serving)
1. Start by washing the dried nannari roots thoroughly to remove any dirt or impurities.
2. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the cleaned nannari roots.
3. Simmer the mixture on low heat for about 20-30 minutes, allowing the roots to infuse their flavors into the water.
4. Once done, remove the pot from heat and let it cool down completely.
5. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve or muslin cloth into a clean container, ensuring all the nannari roots are separated.
6. Add honey to the strained liquid and stir well until it dissolves completely.
7. For an extra zing, you can squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the sharbat and mix it gently.
8. Transfer the nannari sharbat to a glass bottle or pitcher and refrigerate for a few hours.
9. Serve chilled over ice cubes, and you have a delightful homemade nannari sharbat ready to beat the summer heat!
When the mercury rises, indulging in a glass of homemade summer drink is a fantastic way to beat the summer heat while reaping its numerous health benefits. So, embrace the goodness of nannari sharbat, keep cool, and enjoy a healthy and vibrant summer season!