Weight gain is the biggest concern, when it comes to Diwali festivities.Why may you ask? Sweets, what else? You get some for yourself, and then visiting relatives get you some more. But the quality of this mithai is very much questionable. Plus, these sweets are filled with sugar – which makes it a BIG no-no for those who are diabetic, and those looking to lose weight.
But, worry not peeps! We’ve got you another delish sweet that is yum as hell, and has ZERO sugar. This time, we’ll help you make dates and dry fruit ladoos: it’s a guilt-free indulgence. So, let’s get started.
100 gms almonds
100 gms cashew
100 gms pistachio
250 gms dates
50 gms anjeer
4 tbsp honey
1. Take a pan, put it on low flame. Put almonds, cashews, and pistas in the pan and dry roast them. Once roasted, remove them from the flame and keep them aside.
2. Now, remove the seeds from the dates, and roughly chop the anjeer. In the same pan, dry roast these two as well, until you get a pleasant aroma. Remove them from the flame, and keep them aside.
3. In a grinder, put all of the above ingredients, and roughly blend them. Use the pulse button for perfect consistency.
4. Remove the mix and add honey to it. Now, make the dough and bind them properly.
5. Now make small ladoos, and enjoy your sugar-free Diwali mithai.
We all know that dates are great in taste, and are packed with nutrition. You will be glad to know that they are very helpful, if you are looking to lose weight or even maintain your sugar levels in control. You know how important this is for diabetics!
Dr Aashima Chopra, a dietitian at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula also agrees that people must definitely include dates in their diet. Although, you don’t have to keep hogging on them, as they are warm in nature. You can eat two to three dates every single day. In winter, it helps to keep your body warm.
Also, these ladoos can also serve as your snack time buddy. Dates mixed with all these dry fruits will not just keep your sugar cravings in check, but it will keep you satiated too. And weight gain is nowhere in the picture, so you can enjoy a guilt-free indulgence.
So, read the recipe thoroughly, and get started on making these yum date ladoos, as they are the healthiest sweets in town!