Never tried yoga before? Mira Rajput suggests these 8 asanas for beginnersPublished on: 22 June 2021, 12:56 pm IST
#StartTohKaro – If you don’t know what this hashtag is all about, it’s time to check out the recent Insta post shared by Mira Rajput on International Yoga Day. Yesterday, when all the B-town celebs and other public figures went gaga about yoga, Mira shared a yoga flow to motivate her followers.
In fact, she went on to share how yoga has helped her become stronger than ever! Here’s what she wrote In her reel, “It’s never too late to start.”
And we couldn’t agree more.
“You don’t need to be a yogi to do yoga! Bring your mat and some motivation and let’s get flowing,” she writes.
Here are some of the poses Mira is acing in this video
In her yoga day-inspired reel, Mira is doing a flow that is made of eight yoga poses. Here they are:
1. Tadasana: This yoga pose is best, if you’re dealing with muscle stiffness. Apart from that, those of you who are facing posture-related issues must try it out for sure.
2. Standing forward bending: After that, she goes straight into a forward bend. This is a great yoga stretch for your hamstrings. It stretches your lower body to the fullest and enhances your upcoming performance by miles and bounds.
3. Warrior II: If focus and balance are your problems, then warrior II is the solution. There are three kinds of warrior poses, but in this reel Mira is seen doing the second warrior pose, also known as virabhadrasana. It stretches your upper body to the T.
4. Halasana: Sarvangasana or shoulder stand has many benefits, but is an intermediate to advanced level posture. If you are a beginner, you should avoid doing this pose as it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the neck and needs a great amount of core and shoulder strength. To prepare for the shoulder stand, you can start with a halasana or plough pose.
5. Cobra pose: No more lower back woes for those who practice cobra pose regularly. Maybe that’s the reason Mira has included this in her routine.
6. Downward facing dog: From weight loss to muscle strength – doing the downward facing dog pose can bestow you with all that and more. In fact, if you combine both downward and upward facing dog poses, you can get one of the best dynamic yoga poses that can lead to some major weight loss. Do try it out!
7. Wheel pose: Aka chakrasana is a back-bending pose, which is not advisable for beginners to attempt. You can use this basic variation of bridge pose, before you practice the wheel pose.
8. Pranayam: With all the above poses, you have tackled your physical well-being but what about mental peace. For that you need to include deep breathing exercises in your routine. Mira chose pranayam for that. It helps in calming your senses and relaxes your mind.
So, do yoga like Mira! Because start toh karna banta hai!