Listen to this article
Plank is one exercise that gives you sure shot results, if done right. There are numerous kinds of planks that you can attempt to get that flat belly. Fiteratties also tend to mix and match planks to yield more effective results.
This time we have for you a 70-second plank that is two-in-one. How? Well, by just spending 70-seconds, you can work on your abs, obliques, and your lower back (where usually all the fat retention happens). Looks like a tempting deal, right?
So, let’s not waste any time and try to attempt this 70-second plank.
So, as the name suggests, there are two planks that you can do alternatively – forearm plank and side plank. We are all set to tell you everything from the technique to how long you need to hold it for! So, get your stopwatch ready, because we are about to begin.
You’ve just completed one rep! To flatten your belly in a month’s time, you need to do five such sets. For people who are at intermediate or advanced level, feel free to add five seconds in each hold.
Don’t fret, because if you calculate properly, you must have done the plank for a minute and 10 seconds, or 70 seconds. And because it has two moves in one exercise, it will help to burn more fat than the regular plank. And that means more weight loss!
Doing an exercise is all about engaging a particular body part. If not done right, it’s a complete waste. In a mixed exercise like this, you need to be cautious. That’s because there is no break, and you straightaway transition into a different move. Here’s all that you need to keep in mind:
1. Remove your shoes for better grip, while doing a plank.
2. Do it on a yoga mat for maximum results.
3. Flex your stomach and concentrate on your core area.
4. Keep your body straight.
5. When you make a transition, do it slow and properly. Don’t stop breathing.
6. To ensure you’re upright while doing a side plank, stretch your arms out, as if your fingers are trying to touch the roof.
7. While doing a forearm plank, look down towards the floor and not ahead.
8. Don’t keep your hips too low, while doing the forearm plank.
9. Don’t hunch your shoulders.
This plank is a circuit so don’t drop it in the middle, otherwise you will lose the contraction that you have attained.
So ladies, try this 70-second plank and let us know how it worked for you!