All those who are working out in order to tone up don’t pay enough attention to their lower back. The thing is that if you want a curvy waistline but don’t have a strong lower back, that dream is never going to come true.
There is, however, one exercise that you can do daily in order to strengthen your back and get rid of the lower back bulges. We’re talking about lower back rotations!
When it comes to the abdomen area, the lower abdomen and obliques are the toughest to tone. Before you start working on them, you need to ensure your lower back is flexible enough. A flexible and strong back improves contraction and movement. It will ultimately lead to your lower belly getting toned.
This exercise is the best way to stretch your lower back. In fact, this simple move targets numerous primary and secondary muscles. The primary muscles targeted by lower back rotation are the rectus abdominis or abs, transverse abdominis, and obliques. When it comes to secondary muscle groups, it targets rhomboids, deltoids, glutes, abductors, quads, and adductors. All these secondary muscles are also known as stabilizers which help you with other exercises as well.
If backache is a perennial issue you face, do this:
1. Lie down straight on the mat.
2. Now, bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor.
3. Open your arms sideways.
4. Keep your knees together and bring them to one side. Your feet should stay on the floor. Ensure that your face turns to the opposite direction from your feet.
5. Hold this posture for 10 seconds.
6. Contract your abdominal muscles while moving your legs to the opposite side. Again, hold it for 10 seconds.
7. Repeat this 10 times on each side.
This movement helps relieve your lower back of any tension and improves mobility. In addition, it improves your posture. What’s more, it ensures your tummy muscles tighten up due to the contraction. This move is the perfect way to relax your muscles post a heavy workout.
This move is particularly beneficial to women who suffer from period cramps that cause severe backache.
So, ladies, strengthen that back with lower back rotations!
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker