Listen to this article
Are you worried about getting infected? Or are you confused about when to get a covid-19 test? Well, India is currently witnessing an exponential surge in covid cases. At this point, it is essential you do a self-assessment, before booking yourself for a RT-PCR test. What’s more, it is important to keep yourself up-to-date about the latest guidelines on covid.
Recently, ICMR released a new set of guidelines for covid-19 testing. The new guidelines explain when an individual can avoid testing for the virus.
So ladies, make a note of when the test isn’t required:
1. If you’re healthy and have no symptoms of the virus such as fever, cough, cold, sore throat, loss of taste and smell, in that case, you don’t need to carry a covid test report, while traveling to other states. A healthy individual can engage in interstate travel, without an RT-PCR test.
2. If the rapid antigen test (RAT) or RT-PCR test identifies that a person is covid positive, there’s no need to take multiple tests to ‘confirm’ your suspicion.
3. The RAT or RT-PCR tests must not be repeated on a person, who has already tested once. That means, if you have just taken a rapid antigen test, you cannot take an RT-PCR test or another rapid antigen test.
4. If one has been in home isolation for 10 days, and doesn’t have any symptoms like fever for the last three days, you no longer need to get a covid test done. You can surely avoid testing for coronavirus in this situation.
5. If you were admitted to a hospital to get treatment for coronavirus, and have recovered (and have been discharged), then no testing is required for such cases.
So ladies, keep this in mind, before getting any tests done!