Malaika Arora shares 3 asanas for mothers to feel relaxed and calm
Fitness enthusiast and style diva Malaika Arora is back with #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek series. This series is special as she posts yoga poses for all the mothers to make them feel relaxed and calm. A mother herself, Malaika took to Instagram to share 3 yoga asanas dedicated to all the mothers and captioned the post saying:
“Every single day should be celebrated as Mother’s Day for the unconditional feelings they express no matter what day it is, how her day is, or what the circumstances are. For #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek we have 3 simple asanas for all the moms out there to feel relaxed and calm because they deserve it.”
The three asanas that she mentioned in her post are Vrikshasana, Trikonasana along with Utkatasana. In fact, for the benefit of her followers, she also elaborated on the benefits of practicing each yoga asana.
Here are 3 yoga poses recommended by Malaika Arora for all the mothers out there:
Malaika wrote, ‘Vrikshasana helps to improve posture and promotes balance, both physical and emotional.’ Vrikshasana or tree pose offers other health benefits as well, such as:
- Tree pose stretches thighs, groins, torso, and shoulders, hence improving blood circulation and flexibility.
- It helps to strengthen the legs and thigh muscles.
- The pose builds strength in the ankles and calves and tones the abdominal muscles.
- It may also help in relieving sciatica pain.
She said, ‘Trikonasana helps to fight the hunch, especially for the breastfeeding moms.’ Daily practicing trikonasana (triangle pose) gives many benefits to your body, such as:
- This pose activates the lower obliques, strengthens the thighs, and relieves backache.
- It corrects the alignment of the shoulders and helps with neck pain.
- It helps relieve gastritis, indigestion, acidity, and flatulence.
3) Utkatasana (Chair pose)
‘Utkatasana develops strength in the whole body, especially back muscles while relieving stiffness in the shoulders,’ she wrote in her post. This pose also helps with:
- Strengthening the thighs and ankles while toning the shoulders, buttocks and back.
- It stretches the shoulder and improves blood circulation.
- It aids digestion and heart function.
- It provides strength to the knees and makes your legs strong.
So, try these easy to perform yoga asanas suggested by Malaika Arora and stay healthy and fit!