Want to get rid of upper body fat? These 5 exercises promise quick results
When it comes to weight loss, the upper body holds the most fat which is tough to lose. So, if you’ve been wondering how to lose upper body fat, we can help you.
Exercise for upper body fat
Health Shots got in touch with Abhishek Sinha Fitness Expert Senior Manager at Equilibrium Gym Faridabad, to find out some best upper body exercises that can help lose fat, build strength, lose weight, and increase muscle mass.
Keep in mind that you can’t just reduce fat in one region; so try building and toning all the muscles in your upper body to lose fat.
Here are 5 exercises to lose upper body fat:
Both running and jogging are forms of aerobic exercise and aerobic exercises are a perfect remedy for weight loss. These exercises not only reduce your fat, but also help increase your muscular endurance and burn calories. Aim at running on a treadmill at the speed of 8 km per hour to turn this exercise into fat burning exercise. Sinha says, “One has to run a total of 3 to 4 km daily to burn fat from the upper body.” So, make running a part of your daily workout routine.
Sinha says, “Burpees are the best exercise to bring your body in shape by losing fat.” Just keep one tip in mind that doing a few of them won’t work so, practice it at least 20-25 times to see quick results.”
Here’s how to practice it:
- Set your feet shoulder-width apart on the ground.
- Crouch down and place your hands between your legs.
- Kick your legs behind your back to assume the push-up posture.
- Crunch by jumping and putting your feet close to your hands.
- Jump straight up into the air with your arms extended overhead.
- Lower yourself into a push-up, then push yourself up.
- Stand up after completing one repetition.
Deadlift should be your go-to exercise when it comes to shaping your upper body. It can target many large muscle groups at the same time.
Here’s how to perform it:
- To touch your shins with the barbell, place your midfoot under it while standing.
- Basically, you want your foot to be inclined outward.
- You should stand with your heels hip-width apart and slowly bend your knees, but do not bend your waist.
- Straighten your upper body and maintain a shoulder-width grip on the barbell with both hands.
- Rotate your elbows, but not too much.
- Your core should be engaged, your spine should remain neutral, and your arms must be vertical to one another.
Sinha suggested doing 20-25 repetition.
4. Battle ropes
Exercise with battle ropes, also known as battling ropes, is excellent for improving your body’s balance, stamina, and fat burning. Because it quickly increases heart rate, this workout is effective for burning fat. You can burn as many as 20 calories every minute depending on its intensity (which is equivalent to sprints). Your shoulders, arms, legs, glutes, and core are the key areas it targets. In conclusion, battle ropes are a full-body exercise instrument.
5. Farmer’s walk
“This exercise should be performed with dumbbells in each hand to lose fat,” says Sinha.
Here’s how to perform it:
- Maintain a solid and upright posture as you train your core and back.
- Take measured steps while maintaining appropriate posture.
- Hold a dumbbell or a weight of your choosing in each hand and place one on either side of your body.