Shilpa Shetty suggests a power-packed exercise for lazy bums!Published on: 4 April 2022, 20:12 pm IST
Every Monday may not be about being agile or high on energy. There will be days when you may feel low, lazy and lethargic. But that shouldn’t mean you skip your fitness routine. At least that’s what Bollywood’s fitness fanatic Shilpa Shetty Kundra, who keeps motivating her fans with her exciting exercise routines, wants you to follow! As a part of her weekly #MondayMotivation ritual, the actress suggested a yoga pose to infuse strength into your body.
Often, people tend to push the limits when it comes to fitness. In that pursuit, they also end up working out back-to-back without a break. Over-training can, in fact, have adverse effects on your body. You can end up feeling more fatigued, or face reduced energy and motivation levels. Apart from these, you may need to slow down on some days to allow your muscles as well as nervous system to feel rejuvenated.
For such days, Shilpa has a little push and a nudge for you. Here’s what she says! “The body always needs a little bit of a push to follow a routine when it has worked without much of a break. Feeling a little sluggish or lazy may feel natural, but never give in to your body’s demands completely. Give it enough rest, but don’t let it become inactive,” Shilpa wrote on her Instagram account.
So, even while she wanted to take it a little slow, the 46-year-old chose didn’t miss out her fitness routine. Shilpa Shetty spent a few minutes practicing the Viparita Naukasana or what we know as the reverse boat pose.
According to Shilpa, who always makes yoga look fun “it may not look like a very heavy routine, but it’s a power-packed one”.
What are the benefits of reverse boat pose in yoga? Know it from Shilpa Shetty
* It helps strengthen the lower back, pelvic region, shoulders, arms and hips.
* It also improves the flexibility of the spine
* It massages abdominal organs
* It improves digestion.
But she warns that this asana is not what you should practice if you have had an abdominal surgery recently or are pregnant. “Please avoid this asana,” Shilpa cautions responsibly, while adding, “Swasth raho, mast raho!”
Watch Shilpa Shetty’s yoga video right here!
How to do reverse boat pose?
1. Lie on the floor on the stomach.
2. Stretch your arms back along the sides of your body.
3. Exhale and lift your head, chest and legs off the floor slowly and simultaneously.
4. Make sure your hands are not placed on the ground.
5. This asana will be done right when your abdominal front portion rests on the floor.
6. You must contract your butts. Ensure that you stretch the thigh muscles by fully extending the legs.
7. Try to maintain the posture for as long you can comfortably. This should be accompanied by normal breathing.