Have you tried doing drop sets in your gym? I did and I can’t get enough of themPublished on: 2 April 2022, 09:00 am IST
Drop sets – naam toh suna hi hoga? Well, if not, it is high time you shook hands with this one, because once you befriend drop sets in your gym, there’s no looking back. They are an absolute treat for those who are looking for muscle toning and strengthening, which will ultimately help them reach their hot-bod goals.
So let’s stop the gyaan session and get down to business!
What’s a drop set?
First of all, scare not scarlet, because drop set is a form of resistance training and nothing high funda. This works wonderfully well for people like me who are always short of time, but want the best results from the workout.
There are two types:
- Drop sets with weights: In this variant of a drop set, you play around with weights. Basically, you lift lighter to heavier weights, and vice versa. In this, the number of reps remains the same. For example, you have three dumbbells of 3kgs, 5kgs, and 7.5kgs. So, you do 7 reps from 3-5-7.5 and then 7 reps from 7.5-5-3.
- Drop sets with reps: In this drop set, you play with both weights and reps. Here’s how you can do it – for example, you have three dumbbells of 3kgs, 5kgs, and 7.5kgs. So, lighter the weight, more repetitions, and heavier the weight, lesser and slow repetitions. 3kg dumbbell – 15 reps, 5kg dumbbell – 10 reps, and 7.5kg dumbbells – 7 reps, now do the same in the descending order.
Why I’m glued to doing a drop set instead of the regular ones?
Without a doubt, the drop set really worked for me and that’s why I want to share this amazing way of building muscles with you!
- Drop set helped me in toning my muscles: The kind of tension I experience, while doing a drop set was immense. It didn’t only increase the strength of my muscles, but burnt a whole lot of calories! The reason is that your muscles are all tensed, and the power you need to hit the next rep is immense. Hence, more fat burn and better muscle toning.
- It helped me build endurance: I’m not one of those who lifts very heavyweights and that was the major reason I couldn’t see the kind of results I have always wanted to. But in drop sets, you go from lower to higher weights and back. Not only did this strengthen my muscles, but also drove me towards heavier weights. And the results are right before me.
- My stamina also has a thing to say about drop sets: Well, it says thanks because post drop sets, it has increased drastically. Of course, an increase in stamina is the result of the two things that I have shared above.
- Not to forget I save a lot of time: I saved the best one for the last. Doing drop sets helped me save a lot of time because I don’t have to do an atrocious number of repetitions. Drop sets are a perfect example of kum mein zada benefits.
Some tips that helped me ace a drop set
- Be selective with weights. Don’t just lift something that will hamper your form
- Same goes for your reps
- Stack up the weights because you don’t have to give any break in a drop set
- Don’t forget to breathe
- Don’t give a gap of more than a minute between two drop sets
- Don’t overdo it
No one said drop sets are going to be easy. But once you taste it, you just can’t get enough of it. Guaranteed!