Open up your pelvic muscles by practicing the frog pose and improve your sex life along the way
Having stiff pelvic muscles won’t just wreak havoc on your entire fitness routine, but it will also ruin your sex life. So, if you want to get your pelvic muscle in proper gear, you need to look for a holistic way to get better and find long-term results. One of the best ways to fix this is yoga, and especially through the frog pose.
Yoga has numerous poses that work out all the muscles in your pelvic area. Do you know loosening of pelvic muscles can also lead to urinary incontinence? Not just that, but if you don’t pay heed to that region, then you can also experience painful sex, problems in child birth, and much more.
That’s why we want to suggest you give the frog pose a chance.
This is how the frog pose can help to strengthen your pelvic muscles
The frog pose is also known as mandukasana in Sanskrit. It is an intermediate to advanced level yoga pose that is used to open your hips and groin muscles, basically the pelvic area. This yoga pose targets the muscles in your adductors (inner thigh muscles), hips, and core to increase circulation and improve your posture.
“Stretching your adductors and strengthening your core further helps in toning legs, and even the stomach,” says yoga expert Grand Master Akshar.
This is how you do the frog pose
If you have sensitive knees, consider using a yoga mat or blanket underneath, before you get into this position. This will help to soften the pressure of your knees on the floor.
- Start in the tabletop position on both palms and knees
- Spread the knees out by sliding them wider than your hips
- Align your heels, so that they are directly behind your knees
- Flex your feet to point your toes face outward
- Now, walk your hands forward and place your forearms on the ground
- Try to lift your stomach away from the ground.
- Align your shoulders over your elbows and put your body weight on your forearms and hands.
- Relax and allow your hips to hang heavy downward.
Here are eight benefits of doing frog pose
1. This pose is beneficial for those who have diabetes, as it helps in maintaining the insulin levels.
2. It helps in reducing abdominal pain.
3. Frog pose improves digestion and eliminates stomach and digestive disorders like gas and acidity.
4. “If you do the frog pose daily, then you can regulate your menstrual cycle as well,” suggests yoga expert Grand Master Akshar.
5. Frog pose helps in regulating hormones.
6. It helps in weight loss and muscle endurance.
7. It helps in relieving stress and anxiety.
8. It also helps in flattening your belly.
If you have any of the following problems, then please avoid this pose
- This pose is known to cause strain in the groin and the sacroiliac. Avoid in case of any injury to these areas.
- Avoid this pose if you have weak ankles or suffered any injury in that area.
- Don’t do this pose, if you suffer from severe back problems.
- People who have undergone an abdominal operation should not do it.
- People with knee pain should not do this asana.
- Women who are pregnant should avoid this.
- Stay away from this pose during your menstrual cycle.
- Those who have heart disease should not do this asana.
“Frog pose brings stillness to the body, as it invites deep breathing and expansion of the lungs. Breathing with awareness in this pose helps relieve headaches, stress, and mild depressive symptoms. Additionally, focus on the exhale in the frog posture, as it also helps to remove toxins in the lungs, decrease the heart rate, and relieve issues such as stress and anxiety,” concludes Grand Master Akshar.