This fudgy oats and peanut butter cake recipe needs no sugar or butter
Whether you are trying to lose weight, eating healthy to stay away from the pandemic weight gain, or don’t like unhealthy indulgences—we’re sure dessert cravings bang on your door every now and then. The tragedy, however, is when it comes to healthy desserts we hardly look beyond fruits and dark chocolate.
And if your taste buds have been yearning for something richer than just that, then here is a healthy dessert recipe that will make your dreams come true.
Presenting: Oats, banana, and peanut butter pudding cake
Here’s what you will need:
2 cup oats
2 cups milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mash the banana in a large bowl using a fork.
3. Sift the cocoa powder through a sieve. Add honey to it and give it a mix with a balloon whisk or a regular spatula.
4. Add the oats and milk to the mixture. Stir well to mix everything (do not over mix, only till everything is well combined).
5. Mix in the peanut butter followed by the baking powder and lastly fold in the chips or chocolate.
6. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch cake tin. Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Take a toothpick and insert; you should get a very little of the fudgy texture on the toothpick. If it’s still wet or raw, bake for another three to five minutes. (Keep a close eye on the cake if you are popping it back in the oven).
7. Serve. You can dust the cake with some icing sugar or drizzle some melted unsweetened peanut butter on top.
Make it vegan
You can also make this recipe vegan by replacing regular milk with almond or oats milk, the chocolate with a store-bought vegan chocolate, and use agave or date syrup in place of honey.
Here’s why this cake is healthy
With no sugar, butter, or oil—this cake gets its richness from bananas and unsweetened peanut butter. The sugar-free cocoa adds a delicious chocolate flavour, letting the honey and dark chocolate chunks lend a subtle sweetness.
All these ingredients combined not only give this cake a unique flavour, but also make it lightweight and low in calories.
So are you going to give this cake a chance? Do let us know in the comments below.