Heard of the 12-3-30 treadmill workout? If not, it’s time to learn this viral weight loss mantra
If you’re someone who has a treadmill at home, you’re going to love this weight loss exercise. But the others shouldn’t lose heart, because you can try it out, once the gyms in your neighbourhood open up. And now it’s time for the big reveal, ladies — yes, we are talking about the 12-3-30 treadmill workout, because it’s the best way to lose weight ASAP.
We know you might have gained weight during this lockdown, and that’s exactly we are here to help you out. Because frankly it’s not just about looking good, it is also about your immunity – and we already know how important it is.
Exercising is a sureshot way to boost your immunity as well as your mental health. And that’s why we want to introduce to you the 12-3-30 formula that works like magic.
Do you know why? That’s because it’s not as hard as running, and the results are literally amazeballs. So wait no more — it’s time to learn the 12-3-30 formula and thank us later.
Here’s what 12-3-30 formula is
- Get your treadmill incline on 12
- Set the speed at 4.8 km/hour (5 km is also fine)
- Walk for 30 minutes
This easy-peasy weight loss exercise has been designed by the internationally- acclaimed lifestyle influencer Lauren Giraldo. The routine went viral, when Giralo confessed that this simple routine helped her lose weight like crazy.
In fact, Mumbai based fitness expert Ruchika Rai has a piece of advice. She says if you really want to lose weight, you must jog or walk for a long period of time. She said, “Running or sprinting is for gaining more muscles and less for weight loss.”
Here’s how beneficial 12-3-30 mantra is
Of course, apart from weight loss, this technique has many more benefits:
1. It will lead to less wear and tear: This is because the speed is not on the higher side. There is no intensity applied while walking, therefore even your joints are absolutely safe.
2. It helps in stretching your lower body: When you’re in an inclined position, the position is such that all your leg muscles will feel the maximum stretch. That’s what the 12-3-30 mantra does for you. So basically, from your glutes to calves, all your major muscles are sorted.
3. You sweat and burn more: As your body is in constant motion or let’s say in constant slow motion for 30 minutes, more heat is produced as there is no break. That means more fat burn.
4. Even elderly can try it out: The range of motion is such that if the elderly want to try this exercise out, they can also give it a shot after consulting their doctors.
Apart from that, increased sweating will also help you get glowing skin.
Although, there are no major drawbacks of doing this technique, steer clear if you suffer from any leg or knee injuries.