Prepare your own vitamin C serum at home for naturally glowing skin
You’re probably well aware about the benefits of vitamin C serum for skin health. This nutrient rich serum acts as a luminosity booster for the skin and is a must have as part of your skin care toolkit.
While there are various over the counter products available, you could always make your own vitamin C serum from the comfort of your home.
Here’s the recipe for DIY vitamin C serum:
- 2 vitamin C tablets
- 1 tbsp glycerine
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel (optional)
- A glass bottle with a dropper
Step 1: Add rose water to a bowl and combine it with aloe vera gel. Mix well to ensure that lumps are removed.
Step 2: Once the ingredients are completely dissolved, crush vitamin C tablets and add the powder into the bowl. Stir the concoction well.
Step 3: Now slit the vitamin E capsule and add it to the mixture. Follow it by adding glycerine and stir mixture.
Step 4: Once all the ingredients have been dissolved and mixed well, transfer the serum to a clean container and store it in the fridge for a day. Post that your serum is ready to be used.
Applying the serum
- At night time, start by cleaning your face.
- Massage the serum lightly on your face and neck area using recurring tapping motions with your fingertips or palms.
- Do not rub the serum excessively and let it be absorbed by your skin.
- If you’re using vitamin C serum during the day then do not forget to apply sunscreen after the serum is absorbed into the skin.
Benefits of vitamin C serum
There are several skincare benefits of vitamin C serum, ranging from reducing fine lines and wrinkles to providing bright and clear skin. Vitamin C serum helps:
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
- Stimulate collagen production to repair fine lines and wrinkles and inhibit melanin formation.
- Acts as an antioxidant and helps protect against free radical damage caused by UV rays, pollution and natural ageing and aids skin repair..
- Prevents ageing and hyperpigmentation.
- Improve hydration and moisture levels of the skin.
- Soften dark spots and help even and brighten the skin tone.
- Treating inflammatory skin conditions.
- Reducing the appearance of under-eye circles.
Vitamin C serum is the homemade solution you have been looking for to naturally improve your skin and get that much wanted glow, hydration and tightness. This serum has a short shelf life because vitamin C may oxidize, so remember to use it within two weeks of making the batch. So, don’t wait any longer and make your own vitamin C serum for healthier and brighter skin.