Listen to this article
If you’ve always dependent on a blusher to give your cheeks that rosy glow, then we have some good news for you. Yes, we have for you a natural formula that will help you with healthy and glowing skin. Give a shot to this DIY beetroot serum, a magic potion that will help your skin in more ways than one!
If you’re someone who thinks applying face cream is enough, then wait till you hear the benefits of using serum:
That’s why you definitely need a serum to avoid dull and damaged skin. So, shall we start making one now?
1 tbsp rose water
2 vitamin E capsules
1 tsp aloe vera gel
Spray bottle or dropper bottle to store the serum
Step 1: Take the beetroot, scrape it well, and squeeze out the juice. You can also use the juicer if you want. Pass the juice through a sieve, and keep it in a bowl.
Step 2: Now add rose water, milk, and aloe vera gel. Prick the vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the oil in the bowl. Now, mix all the ingredients well.
Step 3: Store the mix in the bottle, and put it in the refrigerator.
Remember that this serum can be used for a maximum of 15 days. After that, you have to make a fresh batch.
That’s it. To get the best results, use this serum before going to bed for at least one to two months, and you’ll notice a drastic difference in your skin.
Also, if you have chapped lips, you can massage it on your lips, and let it stay on.
We all know beetroot is one of the most enriching foods. Plus, the other ingredients that are a part of this serum have their own role to play in giving you healthy and glowing skin. Let’s see how each ingredient in this beetroot serum works:
1. Beetroot juice is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants that help you get that rosy glow. It also helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin texture, and increasing the elasticity.
2. Rose water is the best toner you can use for your skin. It helps in cleansing your skin and removing excess oil, which reduces the chances of acne. It’s also great for oily skin!
3. Summer is here, and whether you’re at home or outside, harsh rays of the sun can always have a negative impact on your skin. That’s why this beetroot serum also has aloe vera, which helps to treat sunburn and acts as a moisturizer. What’s more, it also helps to get rid of acne.
4. The next ingredient that makes this face serum a total hit is the vitamin E oil. This oil contains antioxidants that help in healing damaged skin, preventing the scars from becoming permanent. It also helps in reducing pigmentation.
5. Last but definitely not the least is milk. Milk is essential to get glowing skin — it makes your skin soft and smooth, but if your skin is very oily, you can skip this ingredient. Instead, you can add cucumber juice for a similar effect.
So what if you can’t head to salon ladies? This beetroot serum will give you everything your skin needs.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker