Use this DIY litchi hair mask to keep your hair strong, black and shinyPublished on: 25 May 2022, 16:00 pm IST
Is your hair so frail that it readily breaks? If this is the case, there could be a variety of causes, ranging from a lack of nutrients to the damaging effects of shampoos, conditioners, and chemicals. Aside from the results you desire—a long, lustrous, and voluminous mane—you will most likely experience hair loss, thinning, and other problems with the use of market-based products. What’s the solution? Well, a litchi hair mask can be incredibly beneficial in resolving these hair concerns and achieving the hair of your dreams!
We are not kidding at all. Litchi is one such superfood that is both delicious and offers surprising beauty advantages. It can help groom your hair to be stronger, longer, and healthier when applied to it.
Here are five benefits of applying a litchi hair mask:
1. A litchi hair mask can help control hair fall issues by providing some essential vitamins and minerals.
2. It can help you grow your hair faster by preventing damage from chemicals and the weather.
3. Along with promoting hair growth, it can also help you get thick and voluminous hair.
4. Vitamins and minerals present in litchi can control hair breakage and hair thinning.
5. Litchi is a natural conditioner that may nourish your hair while also making it lustrous and soft.
Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist and Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics, spoke to Health Shots about the benefits of litchi for hair and suggested a homemade hair mask that can fix your hair problems.
Here’s how a litchi hair mask can help to get voluminous hair
Dr Kapoor says, “Delicious and succulent litchi can do wonders for your hair too. This summer fruit is rich in vitamins A, E, and C and antioxidants that work together to prevent hair fall and make the hair shiny and strong.”
And guess what? The Litchi hair mask is simple to make and use.
Here is the recipe for the DIY litchi mask recipe:
Ingredients you will need:
8 firm but ripe litchis
2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera juice ( you can use an organic store bought too)
1. Start by peeling the litchi and then mashing them to get the juice out of them.
2. Add aloe vera gel and mix it well.
3. Mix the ingredients and ensure a smooth consistency is maintained.
Your hair mask is ready to use!
Here’s how to apply the hair mask
Step 1: Apply this paste to the scalp, hair, and roots.
Step 2: Gently massage your hair and scalp for 10-15 minutes using the paste
Step 3: Keep the hair mask on for 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Wash your hair with cold water. Follow it up with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Note: Litchi is a natural conditioner, so you will not need to use much of the conditioner.
So ladies, using this litchi hair mask once or twice a week can result in shiny, nourished and strong hair. In fact, this will also prevent damage!