There are multiple reasons that make you stay up all night like an owl. Stress, body ache, uneasy room temperature, etc. are a few common reasons. From popping pills to meditation, we try everything possible to sleep well, but at times, nothing seems to work! Now that you’ve tried almost everything, there’s no harm giving this hack a shot — dip your feet in warm. No, we aren’t kidding at all!
Being sleepless once in a while is fine, but if it happens regularly, then it’s a cause for concern. That’s because sleeplessness triggers other problems like:
4. Emotional and mental breakdown
5. Skin damage
That’s why it is of utmost important to sleep for at least seven to eight hours to stay healthy. But what if you just don’t get sleep? That’s where this simple home hack works.
1. Take a tub and add warm water in it. You can use a thermometer to check the temperature of the water. It should not exceed 40 degrees.
2. Now add two teaspoons of epsom salt, and if you want, you can also add a few drops of essential oil for added relaxation.
3. Dip your feet in this warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Take a towel to dry your feet.
5. Now, apply some moisturizer and slip into your blanket for a good night’s sleep.
If you wear heels all day long, then you know how much it hurts. At times, this uneasiness doesn’t even let you sleep. But when you soak your feet in warm water, it relaxes the muscles of your feet and makes you feel calm and easy.
In the winter season, your feet feel frozen, even if you wrap them in a couple of socks. Your cold feet make it very difficult to sleep. But if you follow this hack, it will hardly take any time for you to get into sleep mode.
Stiff muscles hamper blood flow, but once they are relaxed, the blood flow improves, which helps to maintain energy levels. It also improves breathing and heart rate, which helps to calm you down, thereby promoting good sleep.
So, the next time you feel sleep-deprived, just soak your feet in warm water and sleep in peace.