While the threat of being infected by Covid-19 is very much prevalent, the world is slowly unlocking, and opening up to the prospects of venturing out to dine. More and more restaurants are permitting their patrons and regulars to visit and enjoy their favourite delicacies.
Although staying at home is the practical way to go, in case you decide to eat out, then certain tips and precautions may come in handy.
Before making a reservation or heading to your favourite restaurant, keep the following tips in mind:
1. Research about the restaurant: Try to research the restaurant’s safety and hygiene practices. Look up literature, reviews, and photos on how employees are handling the food, are they wearing face masks, whether the high-touch surfaces are being regularly disinfected, are the tables are being placed keeping in mind the social distancing norms, and if the employees are practising social distancing.
2. Mask up: Wear a facemask at all times, except for when you are about to eat. Be it when waiting for the food, or when the waiter comes to serve it, masking up will help you prevent being infected, and further transmitting the virus.
3. Physical distancing: Ensure that you are avoiding close contact with other people by staying at least 6 feet apart. The seating arrangement should be in a way that allows for spacing between two people, and the tables as well. The waiters should also be requested to maintain physical distancing when serving the food.
4. Wash your hands: Remember to constantly wash or sanitize your hands, besides avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Additionally, avoid touching surfaces as much as possible, be it the table, or the credit card machine (pay in advance or use contactless payment methods), handrails, restroom surfaces, chairs, or elevator buttons. In case, you cannot avoid touching these surfaces, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or rub your hands with a sanitiser containing at least 60 per cent alcohol immediately after coming in contact with a surface.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
5. Avoid overcrowding: Going out with a lot of people may not be such a great idea. Try to choose a smaller group of people, especially the ones who have been fully vaccinated or have undergone quarantine. These measures will help reduce the risk of getting infected and also minimize the chances of transmitting the virus to other diners and restaurant staff.
Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from Covid-19. However, if you must eat out, then do consider these tips to protect yourself, and the ones around you.