The month of March has seen a rise in covid-19 cases after a constant dip for over 2 months and the upcoming festivities only threaten this situation further if precautionary measures are not enforced.
With multiple festivals, the key one being Holi, around the corner, these last 2 weeks of March are crucial for India after a yearlong somewhat successful of battle with this novel virus.
Amidst the rising number of Covid-19 cases, doctors fear it to be a next super spreader event. With Maharashtra facing the maximum load, states like Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, West Bengal and Jammu and Kashmir too have been reporting a significant hike in Covid-19 cases.
Union Territory, Delhi is also no far behind the race and has witnessed a highest spike in covid-19 cases than the entire month of February.
It is evident that the current scenario is highly unfavorable for people to attend social and community gatherings, as cases are on a constant rise and new Covid-19 strains have been identified in India.
Any kind of mishandling or carelessness with the stipulated covid-19 precautions can be a wholesome trouble maker. As Holi is all about applying colours, meeting friends, family and involving in large social gatherings— actions like handshakes, applying colours with hands and flying dry colours in the air can increase the chances of covid-19 spread.
Here are a few pointers to note while celebrating Holi with the ongoing pandemic and rising number of covid cases.
1. Social distancing remains key. While with vaccination drives and also sheer carelessness people have started indulging in mass social gatherings, this Holi it is crucial that you avoid large gatherings.
2. Use of masks should not be compromised
3. Handshakes and hugs to be highly avoided
4. Senior-citizens should refrain from participating in mass gatherings and meeting large number of people.
5. Dry colours should not be used
6. Cold food and beverages should be avoided
7. Celebrate the festival indoors
8. Covid appropriate behaviour should be highly maintained- wearing masks, washing and sanitizing hands, maintaining social distancing and isolating oneself, if facing any Covid related symptom.