We’ve all been through it – those dreaded days when our eyes feel as dry as last year’s Thanksgiving turkey. Whether it’s hours spent binge-watching Instagram reels or working late into the night, dry eyes are the silent struggle many of us face. But you can battle it because we’ve found you a squad of eye drops for dry eyes that are here to hydrate, soothe and refresh your peepers.
Eye drops can be two kinds – over-the-counter and prescription eye drops. OTC eye drops are mostly artificial tears or lubricating eye drops, while prescription eye drops could be for more serious eye-related conditions.
We’ve sifted through some of the best over-the-counter eye drops to bring you the cream of the crop for relief from eye strain. These eye-saving elixirs are meant to be effective in combatting eye dryness, redness and irritation.
Isotine Eye Drops by Jagat Pharma is infused with the goodness of 8 Ayurvedic herbs, including Palash and Apamarg. These drops provide deep hydration, reduce redness and promote overall eye health. The herbal blend is like a soothing lullaby for your tired eyes, making them feel refreshed and vibrant.
Do your eyes feel the burn after a day full of exposure to the computer screen?
Try Eye Mantra’s Ayurvedic Eye Drops. Enriched with the healing power of Ayurveda, these drops combat dryness, itching, and fatigue with ease. Plus, the compact packaging makes it a must-have for on-the-go eye pampering.
Ayuvision Herbal Eye Drops are the botanical miracle your eyes have been waiting for. Formulated with Triphala, these drops relieve irritation, redness and dryness while promoting a natural sparkle in your eyes. It’s like a mini herbal vacation for your eyes.
Sreedhareeyam Ayurveda’s Sunetra Regular Herbal Eyedrops, from Sreedhareeyam, a chain of Ayurvedic ophthalmology centres in the world, are aimed at providing long-lasting relief from dry eyes. A five-pack offering made with herbal ingredients, it is created at the same pH as tears. These eye drops are suitable for daily usage.
Jiwadaya Healthcare’s Entyce Eye Drops are the rose-scented oasis your eyes would love. Infused with the cooling goodness of rose water, these can be soothing as eye drops for computer tired eyes. They’re like a spa day for your eyes, minus the hefty price tag.
Choosing the perfect eye drops for your dry eyes can be a bit overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you make the right pick:
1. Check the ingredients: Look for products with natural ingredients such as Ayurvedic herbs and rose water. These are gentle on your eyes and offer long-term benefits.
2. Packaging convenience: Consider the packaging – compact bottles are great for carrying in your bag, while larger ones might be more economical for regular use.
3. Assess reviews: Before you zero in on a product, check out user reviews to see what others are saying about it. Real experiences can be invaluable.
4. Consult a professional: If your dry eyes problem is persistent or severe, it’s always a good idea to consult an eye specialist. They can recommend the best product based on your specific needs.
5. Prioritise quality: While it’s important to stick to your budget, don’t compromise on quality. Sometimes, investing a bit more in a high-quality product can save you money in the long run.
(Disclaimer: This article was collaboratively written by the editorial team along with a creative AI tool. At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)