Detoxing the body and flushing out toxins from the body is important. What’s better than going for an Ayurvedic detox to tackle the issue?
Our bodies pile up a lot of unwanted substances inside. How you need to flush them out is thorough internal cleansing – a process known as detoxification. In recent years, Ayurveda detox has become a popular alternative to chemical-based treatments. Unfortunately, the reputation of this detox method has suffered more at the hands of misconceptions than any medical research can undo. So, here is a pilot view of Ayurvedic detox techniques to put all of your doubts to rest!
How do you know if you need a detox?
Body toxins can be of any kind including pollutants, chemicals or microbes. They travel through the blood and hide deep inside your tissues. Over time, they take a toll on your health, making you prone to several diseases. So, if you find yourself struggling with any or all of the following signs, here are some reasons why you should start your Ayurveda detox today!
Frequent complaints of indigestion, flatulence and bowel disorders is an indication of toxin accumulation in the GI tract. If it goes untreated, your chances of developing chronic conditions like obesity, diabetes, and hemorrhoids can increase double-fold.
Weakness of organ systems directly impacts your immunity. Poor immunity can increase your chances of developing respiratory disorders, microbial infections and low physical stamina.
Joint or muscle pain
Toxins prevent absorption of nutrients from the food. In absence of nourishment, muscle tissues become inflexible and bone density reduces drastically. Thereby, limiting your natural strength.
Poor skin quality
If you thought those dark circles, acne and blemishes are results of some sleepless nights, it’s time to think again. These skin issues are common symptoms of poor cellular regeneration.
Physical ailments break the synchrony of your mind and body. This in turn leads to insomnia, depression, etc. Such conditions can affect the quality of your life to a great extent.
Poor dental or ocular Health
Probably the last, but worst hit victims of toxins are your teeth and eyes. Blood chemicals cause irreparable damage to their tissues.
Why choose Ayurvedic detox?
There are not one, but many reasons to choose Ayurvedic medicine techniques for detoxification of the body. Safety, long-lasting relief, and reliability are only one side of the spectrum. The benefits of Ayurveda’s health package are innumerable.
- Tailored to suit your body: Ayurveda understands that your needs cannot be similar to others. Which is why, every individual is prescribed a unique set of Ayurvedic detox tablets and decoctions based on his/her body type, gender, and medical condition.
- Digs deep, shines out: The effectiveness of Ayurvedic detox therapies comes from their herbal compounds. They reach the deepest layers of your body to rejuvenate the cells. This, in turn, gives you a natural glow and health.
- Immediate and enduring effects: Unlike other remedies, Ayurvedic remedies can treat both present and chronic symptoms of diseases. They ensure complete treatment of your ailments from day one!
- For one and all: Not just adults, Ayurveda detox is for the elderly, children, and teenagers as well. It offers unique benefits to each age group. So, it can be great therapy for the entire family.
What are some Ayurveda detox techniques?
When the goals are so exhaustive, how can the techniques be wanting? Ayurveda detox regime employs a wide set of practices that nourish, repair, and strengthen body tissues. And here’s the best thing – you can follow them at home without any hassle!
The detox diet
- Avoid toxin-producing foods like processed, fried, and manufactured goods. –
- Reduce the use of spices, salt, and chilies;
- Include green vegetables, figs, apples, pears, pineapple, papaya, sprouts, and dairy foods in your daily diet;
- Drink an adequate amount of water every day;
- Eat warm and freshly prepared meals. Maintain a strict eating schedule;
- Switch to organically grown vegetables and fruits;
- Shun addictive substances like caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol;
- Consume your supplements as per the prescribed doses. You can try different combinations of herbal teas.
Yoga and pranayama
- Perform yoga and breathing exercises for at least 30 minutes daily;
- Surya namaskar, kapalbhati, and cobra pose are highly recommended;
- Practice meditation and mindfulness exercises at the start of every day.
- Practice stress management techniques at home, work, and everywhere else;
- Do not sit, eat or sleep in poorly ventilated rooms;
- Switch to a vegetarian diet till the end of your detox treatment.
Bodily detox therapies
- Massage your muscles every day with herbal oil. Abhyanga is a healthy practice to follow;
- Consult an Ayurvedic practitioner to schedule steaming, shirodhara, and panchkarma therapies. You can have these as many times as needed during the course of your treatment;
Putting trust in Ayurveda detox remedies
Following an Ayurvedic detox regime cannot be of much use, unless you do it the right way. The purity of your herbal supplements is essential to ensure that you get all the benefits of your treatment. So, here is an assortment of the best Ayurvedic herbs and formulations.
- Manjistha: Beneficial for skin disorders, reduces toxicity in the blood. It also treats urinary tract infections, stimulates pancreatic functions, and improves eye health.
- Turmeric: This is an essential part of liver detox in Ayurveda. It is antioxidant in nature, promotes healing of damaged tissues, and boosts metabolism.
- Trikatu: It enhances respiratory function, and is good for the spleen, stomach, and intestine. It improves blood chemistry and strengthens the immune response to infections.
- Pippali: Natural digestion booster, makes the teeth and gums stronger, and decongests the lungs. It also helps to manage body weight.
- Neem: It is a traditional herb for infections, skin diseases, and immunity. Moreover, it purifies the blood, increases digestive capacity, kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Kaiser guggulu: These are well-known Ayurvedic detox tablets. It strengthens joint tissues by increasing protein synthesis. Plus, it lowers uric acid levels and corrects hormonal balance.
- Xerfer capsules: It is a rich source of vitamin C. These capsules help to eliminate toxins from the blood, and promote the assimilation of nutrients in the body.
The last word
Now when you weigh the benefits of Ayurvedic detox against allopathic treatments, the results may seem obvious. But before you rush in, make sure to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner to plan your detox regime.