Listen to this article
If you are worried about your mum dealing with those gruesome and irritable postmenopausal symptoms, then why don’t you offer her a bar of milk chocolate? Thinking about all that weight gain and blood sugar issues? Relax, because science tells us that milk chocolate will not cause weight gain, if consumed in the morning or evening. Shocking, right?
It gets better, we promise! A study published in The FASEB Journal also says that you also do not have to worry about the sugar levels, because in postmenopausal women, white chocolate can be easily metabolized, especially if she takes it at the beginning of the day.
Isn’t it awesome?
1. According to the above study, postmenopausal women deal with insomnia a lot. Eating white chocolate right before bedtime can help them deal with it as well.
2. Losing appetite is another problem faced by them and eating milk chocolate can help there. According to researchers, it can induce hunger and can bring her appetite on track without any medication.
3. Of course, how can we forget the most annoying symptom of menopause — mood swings? It is a proven fact that chocolate can be a really effective mood booster.
4. Another benefit that chocolate has in store for your mum is reducing the risk of heart disease. It is all because of the antioxidants present in it!. In fact, the same has also been suggested in a study published in the European Journal of Preventive
Cardiology. Plus, the chances of getting a stroke also reduce by leaps and bounds.
5. Cholesterol is another problem faced by postmenopausal women, and white chocolate has an answer for that too. According to this study published in the Journal of American Heart Association in 2017, consumption of dark chocolate combined with cocoa and almonds improves lipid profiles and helps in lowering the bad cholesterol levels (LDL) among people who are overweight or obese.
To deal with postmenopausal signs, there are a lot of things that you can do for your mum. And one of them is to convince her to exercise. Even the FASEB study has pointed out that if your mum eats chocolate at night to induce sleep, she will be all pumped up to exercise the next morning.
So, she doesn’t need any pre-workout food, because milk chocolate can help her stay energized.
Apart from this, your support and help is of utmost importance in this case. That’s why just be right by her side and cherish these moments with her, with a bar of milk chocolate.