5 home remedies to get fuller looking hair
Pollution, UV rays, and hard water are the worst enemies of your mane. While we dream of having fuller looking hair like Disney’s Merida, we may have a coin-sized bun on our head. Sigh! Well, in an attempt to reverse our bad hair days, we have 5 home remedies to get voluminous hair.
1. Aloe and Onion hair potion Aloe vera is a superb ingredient for hair care and skin alike. It hydrates the hair, promotes hair growth and provides relief from itchy scalp. Onions are rich in sulphur, and have many antibacterial and antifungal properties. This prevents hair thinning, and minimises breakage. This in turn, gives you long and voluminous hair you desire. To make this potion, blend onion and Aloe vera flesh in a blending jar. Strain the juice using a muslin cloth. Pour the contents into a dropper bottle. Apply on your roots and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash off using a mild shampoo.
2. Hibiscus and curd mask Hibiscus flowers and leaves contain a good amount of vitamin C, amino acids and essential nutrients. They accelerate keratin synthesis in your hair and scalp that stimulate the hair follicles. Hibiscus repairs the hair shaft and promotes denser hair growth. For this remedy, whisk 2 tablespoons of hung curd into a smooth paste. Pour 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower powder or fresh flower paste into the mix. Apply this potent mask mix all over your hair for 30 minutes. Wash with normal water.
3. Kalonji and Reetha oil Reetha or soap nut is full of iron that adds volume to the hair. The anti-inflammatory properties in reetha helps soothe, cleanse and get rid of the itchy scalp. Kalonji helps the hair follicles to grip on to hair strongly which prevents hair loss. To make this volumizing hair oil, grind reetha seeds and kalonji in a mortar and pestle. Transfer the coarse powder into a glass jar. On low heat, place a pan and add a cup of coconut oil to it. Don’t let it fume. Pour the heated oil in the glass jar and place the lid. Let it infuse with the ingredients for a week then strain it. Apply it on your hair like usual hair oil.
4. Methi and rosemary cleanser Fenugreek or methi seeds are loaded with proteins. So they not only strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss but ultimately give you voluminous hair. On the other hand, Rosemary leaves are rich in ursolic acid that boosts blood circulation in the scalp and keeps your hair follicles in up top condition. To make this cleanser, boil a glass of water in a pan. Add 2 twigs of rosemary and a teaspoon of methi seeds in it. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and cover the lid. Let it cool and use it on your hair in place of a regular shampoo.
5. Curry leaf, amla and methi hair pack To boost the hair volume, apply this hair pack made with curry leaves,amla and methi. Curry leaves are rich in vitamin B that is renowned to nourish the hair follicles. For this hair pack, pluck a handful of fresh curry leaves and put them into the blender. Add a spoonful of soaked methi seeds and deseeded amla. Grind everything into a fine paste. Apply this hair mask on your roots, scalp, and hair length. Let it work wonders on your hair for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair clean with lukewarm water.