This weekend, drench yourself in self love by following these 16 golden rules
Whether you’re dealing with a bad breakup, going through a bad phase in life, or it’s just covid anxiety that’s driving you crazy—you mustn’t forget to show yourself some love every day. Because girl, you deserve every ounce of it!
Not to mention, that if you get easily affected by other people and tend to start feeling bad about yourself, then now more than ever you need to drown yourself in self love! And if you are wondering where you can begin, here are 16 ways to get you started on the journey of self love:
1. Focus all your actions in reflecting love and kindness towards yourself.
2. Treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others.
Also, read: Come, fall in love with yourself by taking these 7 steps to unconditional self love
3. Stop comparing yourself with anyone else. For your own growth, it’s important that you become your only competition.
4. Take baby steps to remove your inferiority complex that tends to pop up every now and then.
5. Surround yourself with people that make you feel positive and uplift you. Ensure that your inner circle has people you can look up to for enlightenment.
6. Exercise on a daily basis and eat healthy. These healthy habits will not only make you feel better about yourself but will go a long way in caring for yourself.
7. Accept yourself completely–just the way you are with all your imperfections.
8. Don’t let your worries consume you. Try to find solutions to the problems that plague you and do mindfulness activities to deal with your overthinking.
9. Indulge in at least one activity every day that makes you smile.
10. End toxic relationships. Anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself, doesn’t deserve to be in your life.
11. Try stepping out of your comfort zone and do something new. The result will leave you with a rewarding feeling.
12. Be grateful for whatever you have and are still getting. Never take anything for granted. That will ensure that you have something to rejoice about even when on bad days.
13. Give up the need for approval from others. Don’t seek validation from others.
14. Keep that creative spark in you alive. The joy that comes from creating something is priceless.
15. Let go of past trauma and guilt. Forgive yourself and others for the things that have happened in the past.
16. Pamper yourself! Be it taking care of your skin, hair, or taste buds!