Confidence is an attractive quality—it is what strikes you about a person when you meet him/her for the very first time. Moreover, it isn’t just about what others perceive about you, it is also the experience of feeling good about yourself. We can’t deny we’ve all felt that at some point or the other in our life. It could be a moment when you realised your dreams coming true or it could be when your friend acknowledged your support. Whatever be the case, it is a positive feeling and you’d want to experience it again, right?
That’s because being confident makes you feel as if you can do anything! When you are confident, you experience emotions like happiness, joy and inspiration. Yet, there are some points in our life when our self-esteem becomes low. It could be because of some incident that happened, or it could be your belief that you are not good enough.
The reason is hardly of any consequence, because we are going to help you rebuild your confidence with the help of meditation. But before that, let’s understand how low self-confidence can be a hindrance.
It might not sound like a big problem, but low self-confidence can cause more issues than you think. It can make you feel inadequate, giving rise to feelings that you’re not good enough. And if this becomes frequent, you experience frequent negative thoughts that can cause further anxiety and depression.
Low self-confidence is characterised by a strong presence of shame in a person. Yes, it’s true, and it has been one of the biggest revelations, especially during the pandemic. There are some other signs of low self-confidence that include the lack of healthy boundaries, withdrawal from social situations, and putting others down all the time.
What’s important to remember is that we all come with our own set of qualities and attributes, and we are special in our own ways. It is better to focus on your positive attributes and share those strengths with the world, instead of comparing yourself with others.
Now that you know the signs of low self-confidence, it’s time to take action. Remember, meditation is known to promote mindfulness, lower stress levels, and boost sleep. At the same time, it also helps to boost feelings of self-confidence by making you comfortable in your own skin.
Try this out:
1. Sit in a comfortable place with minimal distractions.
2. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to settle into a peaceful, meditative state.
3. Think of a real-life situation in your mind, where you want to be able to step into a state of confidence.
4. When you picture this situation, try and shift to an emotional state of feeling totally confident.
5. Play out the scenario in your mind, just the way you would like to see it unfold. Take in everything you see, hear, and feel around you.
6. Notice the confidence you feel.
7. Once you are ready, open your eyes and journal about how the process was for you.
8. Repeat as often as you like.
The last step is to go out and feel exactly the way you do in this meditation. With practice, you will be able to—don’t worry about it at all!
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker