If you thought a rash on the bum is only for babies who use diapers, it’s time to rethink! Rashes or redness can occur on any part of your body, at any age. Yes, even on your butts! Rashes can be painful or itchy and in some cases it can cause blistering and patchy skin too. While we agree that most people associate butt rashes with babies and children, even adults can have this problem, especially in the monsoon. So, let’s find out the causes of butt rash and how to get rid of it.
There are multiple reasons why a butt rash can occur. You could blame a heat rash, allergies or even sexually transmitted infections. Some home remedies may work on the butt rash sometimes, but at times when it may be severe, you may require proper medical treatment. That’s why, to know more about this, Health Shots spoke to skin expert Dr Ritu Joshi of Feel Good Clinic, Lucknow.
Skin patches, rashes, and itching are annoying, but when they happen on your butt, they cause more discomfort and discomfort. An adult may experience butt rash in the form of a minor lump, a simple pimple or a sanitary-pad caused skin rash. They can also cause burning, redness and severe pain if not taken care of in time.
1. Heat rash: This itchy, red rash often appears as blisters or red bumps during hot weather.
2. Atopic swelling: This is also known as eczema and can cause dry skin. This becomes itchy at night.
Also, read: Do you have underboob rashes? Find out what causes it and 7 tips to treat it
3. Psoriasis: This is a condition in which skin cells build up and cause itchy dry patches. Scientists think that psoriasis is the result of problems related to the immune system.
4. Intertrigo: This is an inflammatory condition, usually found in the folds of the skin. It can get worse with the infection.
5. Acne: Pimples that form on the buttocks are often different from those found on the rest of the body. Infection in the hair follicles from shaving or general abrasion (folliculitis) causes butt rashes.
6. Genital herpes: This common, sexually transmitted virus causes symptoms such as a rash on the genitals and around the anus. It is related to viral infection and these body rashes are the cause of severe itchy rash. This is a fungal infection that causes red bumps in the groin and butt area. These are often very itchy.
7. Candida: Candida is a fungus that lives on the skin and causes yeast infections. Yeast infection can cause intense itching and a spreading rash.
* Rash and red skin around the anus and irritation
* Acne-like sores on the butt
* Small, red bumps or dots on the skin
* Itching that does not go away with itching
* Painful skin around the buttocks around the anus
* Painful or itchy skin spots
* Crusty skin, blisters or pimples
According to the expert, the first treatment for butt rash can include:
Applying coconut oil on atopic skin swellings reduces rashes and irritation.
Having an oatmeal bath can help to dry the rash and relieve itching.
Also, read: Ditch bathing with plain water! Instead add these natural ingredients and feel the difference
As per the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, witch hazel is effective in treating rashes on the buttocks and genitals.
Honey can cure all the rashes. Honey has antimicrobial properties, which are helpful in skin healing and tissue repair.
Applying a compress soaked in chamomile tea to the rash can reduce the discomfort.
It contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents, which when rubbed, can help relieve damaged skin. It also provides a cooling sensation that can help ease the pain and ease the pain of a painful butt rash.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, making it a great treatment for skin diseases.
* Soft, fragrance and oil-free moisturizers
* Use oral antihistamines if the rash is due to allergies
* Topical hydrocortisone creams to relieve itching
* Anti-inflammatory oral medications to relieve pain and swelling such as ibuprofen, antifungal creams and sprays
* Be sure to consult a doctor before any kind of treatment.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker