Bhringraj can help you boost hair growth and control hair fall! Know how to use it
A good hair day ends up making you feel good, isn’t it? So, it’s safe to say that on some days, your mood may be in the hands of your hair! After all, healthy and lustrous hair gives us a confidence boost. Hair problems including dandruff, damaged hair and hair fall can do the opposite. Over time, these issues can severely affect your hair growth and overall health. If you’ve played the hit and miss game with various hair care products to find a solution, try try an Ayurveda herb Bhringraj! Come, let us tell you how to use bhringraj for hair.
Bhringraj for hair
Eclipta alba, popularly referred to as bhringraj, is a miraculous ingredient for hair care. It is a plant renowned for its therapeutic qualities. It has long been referred to as Kesaraja, which is Sanskrit for ‘the king of hair’. There is no doubt that this exceptional herb fulfils its duties with all its strength.
HealthShots spoke to Dr Monica Chahar, Chief Dermatologist and Director, Skin Decor, Dwarka, New Delhi to find out the benefits and the correct way to use bhringraj.
Dr Chahar says, “Blessed with good chemicals like flavonoids and phytochemicals that work best for hair growth, Bhringraj is most popularly used as a hair oil. This humble and low-maintenance hair care product can save you from spending your hard-earned money on high maintenance expensive hair care treatments!”
She adds, “It rightly supports, cares, nurtures, and protects hair for those who use it regularly.”
Benefits of bhringraj for hair
A little bit of care and using the right things can help you get closer to your dream of having long, healthy, and vibrant hair at all times. Bhringraj is one of those right things.
Here are 7 benefits of bhringraj that you can reap right away:
1. It nourishes your hair thereby, helping in the growth of healthy hair. As a moisturizer and natural conditioner, it gives shinier hair improving overall texture and volume.
2. Its antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties help combat scalp psoriasis and keep the flakes away.
3. Its dense consistency helps deeper penetration into the scalp as compared to other oils and moisturizes the inside out.
4. Provides essential nutrients to the scalp, helps prevent breakage, and reduces hair fall and thinning.
5. Fights scalp issues such as dandruff, dryness, and weak roots often lead ultimately to hair loss.
6. It slows down premature greying and helps blacken dull hair.
7. As a vasodilator, it can increase the flow of blood to your head resulting in improved blood flow to the roots of the hair promoting hair growth.
Besides its magical benefits to hair, bhringraj is also used for treating certain types of infections, improving memory, and relieving stress, says Dr Chahar.
How to use bhringraj for hair growth?
Now that you are enlightened about the many benefits of bhringraj for hair health, it’s time to put it into practice. The best and by far most effective way to use this magical herb is as an oil. Here’s how to give a hair massage with bhringraj oil.
Step 1: Detangle your hair before applying the bhringraj oil.
Step 2: Warm the bhringraj oil to a moderate temperature to give a hair massage.
Note: Using warm oil is known to increase hair strength, reduce dryness of both the scalp and hair and help with dandruff relief.
Step 3: Now, pour the oil onto your scalp and start gently massaging your scalp.
Note: Remember that you need to do the hair massage in a smooth and circular motion.
Step 4: Once the scalp is covered with oil, apply it to the length of your hair.
Step 5: Now wait for 4-5 hours before washing your hair.
A hair massage with this magical Ayurveda herb twice a week can improve blood circulation in the scalp, activate the hair follicles and encourage hair growth. This can surely give you thick, glossy, and healthy hair.
So, what are you waiting for, go ahead and fulfill your desire to have long, beautiful hair!