Hogging on food has become our favourite activity to pass time during this lockdown. But enough is enough, because the rate at which we’re going, we’ll need to buy a whole new wardrobe to be able to resume life outside home. Yes, we know you have been checking out the ponch you have been mothering for weeks now with disdain. But do you have a plan to get rid of it?
Did we hear crash dieting? Please sistah! That’s not a healthy way to go about it. Why starve yourself, when you can get trim while eating right.
So, try these 11 incredible foods that will help you shed those extra kilos without getting starving yourself:
1. Almonds: Kick start your day with eight to ten almonds–either soaked or as it is. The presence of unsaturated fats, which by the way are great for your body, will keep you energised all-day long. Plus your cholesterol levels will also be in total control.
2. Apples: When it comes to dieting, apples are the kingpin. If you are hungry, craving sweets, or just want to binge–then grab an apple and you’ll be sorted. With vitamin C, fibre, and antioxidants–apple is a meal in itself. And don’t skip the skin, as it has its own benefits.
3. Spinach: Rich in iron, fibre, folic acid, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, and antioxidants-now we know why Popeye was a big fan of spinach.
4. Sweet potato: Hail the fibre king! More fibre means less fat absorption in the body. And let’s face it–you need starch to work through the day and sweet potato does it without hurting your daily calorie counts.
5. Carrots: Carrot is another fibrous and high in water content food which makes it a perfect match for those who are on a weight loss spree. Plus, it’s good for your immune system and eyes.
6. Coconut oil: Starving your body from fats is not a good idea. Which is why you must welcome oil, which is low in calories, easy to digest, and pocket friendly. Perfect fit!
7. Dark chocolate: What can be tastier than dark chocolate to amp up your metabolism? It is also known to pacify those ravenous cravings that haunt you when you are on a diet. But opt for really dark chocolate with low sugar to keep the belly fat in check.
8. Green tea: It increases metabolism, reduces inflammation, helps in digestion, and burns fat–what more you need. You can take the effects of green tea a notch higher by adding a hint of lemon to it.
9. Lean meat: Chicken or turkey, either one will do. Flip the protein switch with lean meat and strengthen your muscle mass as well.
10. Lentils: Another protein and fibre concoction that will help you burn those extra kilos by pausing those unwanted cravings.
11. Red wine: Half a glass of wine during dinner aids digestion and burns abdominal fat, thanks to resveratrol. But moderation is the key here otherwise you’ll add to those calories instead of cutting them down.
From dusk to dawn this food fiesta will keep you sorted and nourished. Now this looks like a weight loss plan, doesn’t it?