There is no denying that people suffering from diabetes have very few options, when it comes to food. That’s because they have to be super cautious, when it comes to their insulin levels. But there are certain fruits that are not just diabetic- friendly, but they also help them manage their sugar levels. And cape gooseberries aka rasbhari is the most popular of them all.
These yummy candy-like berries are not just packed with taste, they are supremely beneficial, when it comes to their health benefits. And those who are suffering from diabetes must add this fruit to their daily diet, without fail.
There are many fruits that help in the prevention of diabetes, and that’s why nutritionists always ask diabetics to include fruits that are loaded with antioxidants. That’s because they help in proper functioning of the organs, which further helps in boosting the immune system of the person.
Celebrity nutritionist and dietician, Shweta Gupta suggests that cape gooseberries help to lower the blood sugar level effectively. “Whether you have diabetes or not you should definitely pop some cape gooseberries during the season. Those of you who have diabetes will be able to maintain it and those of you who don’t can prevent it with this superfood.
Diabetes is a medical condition, which occurs when the blood glucose is too high. This happens when the body does not process food to be used as energy.
There are two different kinds of diabetes:
– Type 1 is an autoimmune disease, where the immune system destroys the cells creating insulin in the pancreas.
– Type 2 diabetes occurs when sugar starts to build up in the blood.
Raspberry is a delicious fruit that has been consumed for years now. It is rich in vitamins, powerful antioxidants, and minerals, which helps to promote good health and prevent disease.
“Several research studies also say that the fruit has a range of health benefits, from improving cardiovascular health, preventing cancer, to managing type 2 diabetes. Moreover, this fruit also helps in weight loss, reduces heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease, which are common complications of diabetes,” says Shweta.
– Raspberry is high in fibre, which helps to improve blood glucose, insulin, and lipid in type 2 diabetes.
– People with diabetes have chronic levels of oxidative stress, which can be controlled with the antioxidants present in berries.
– Raspberry contains fructose (a natural sugar) which does not require insulin, hence, it helps in reducing the glucose levels with pre-diabetes people.
– Diabetes can lead to a number of complications, which includes heart disease, nerve damage, kidney damage, eye damage, etc. if the blood sugar level is out of control. Raspberry consumption, on the other hand, includes fibres and nutrients which bring down the sugar under control and acts as the best fruit for diabetes.
– The fibre and water content helps in maintaining digestive tract health by preventing constipation.
– Helps in controlling blood pressure.
– Helps to keep the skin healthy by treating inflammation and redness.
– Raspberry is enriched with vitamin C and folic acid, that helps in promoting hair growth.
So if you are worried that your diet or family history might make you prone to diabetes, then include cape gooseberries in your diet right away.