Listen to this article
The sweet salibrous treat that dates are, is beyond resistance. Apart from being sweet and tasty, they are healthy in unquestionable ways! They are the winter stars that help us go through the dark chilly winter nights with which we tend to get a complimentary running nose, cold and cough. They can be relieving for winter allergies and coughs.
Dates, also known as khajoor, have multiple benefits – from being a blessing to your winter dry skin to a healthy source for bone density and a weight loss formula too!
Dietician, Jyoti Khanijoh, Head of Clinical Nutrition and Food and Beverage, Max Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi, told HealthShots, “Dates are a fruit from the date palm tree, which possess high nutritional and therapeutic value.This dark fruit is rich in dietary fiber and high in disease-fighting antioxidants like flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acid, and moderate in vitamin B 6, minerals like magnesium and potassium. All in all, it has a lot of benefits”.
1. Dates are high in fiber, which may be beneficial for preventing constipation and controlling blood sugar control, says the expert.
2. Antioxidants present in it may help prevent the development of certain chronic illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and diabetes. Dates are helpful for lowering inflammatory markers, such as interleukin 6 (IL-6), in the brain, and that helps in reducing the chances to have Alzheimer’s.
3. Also, khajoor is a nutritive food which contains several minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium which prevent bone-related conditions like osteoporosis. It promotes bone health as well.
Dates are a sweet and rich delight to binge on throughout the winters. With several varieties around the globe, this fruit can be a part of your salads or dietary meal plans or delicious delicacies. It’s unbelievable how a small-sized khajoor can be beneficial in countless ways, but the best use it to relieve cold and cough.
Dates are beneficial in the prevention and curing of the cold, cough and running nose. They contain vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that fights infections and keeps the immunity strong against cold and cough.
Eat dates in the morning on an empty stomach to manage cough and cold.
1. Dates are available in both dried or fresh form. You can consume them directly as a snack.
2. It can be consumed as date palm jaggery or can be used in desserts.
3. They also make for a good natural sweetener due its glucose, sucrose, and fructose content.
4. You can consume it with milk daily.
5. You can make smoothies at home or add in your salads.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker