You don’t have to feel helpless if and when you are plagued with acidity or gas. Instead, try to find a solution to get rid of it. You might think there’s nothing you can do, but there are some miracle ingredients present in your kitchen that can provide instant relief. Yes, using hing for acidity is a mom’s go-to remedy that can help you!
You may have witnessed your mother using hing water to get relief from acidity. Now let us know the benefits of hing.
The asafoetida plant’s stem is used to make hing, which has a potently bitter flavour. This particular home remedy is one that is both backed by science and guaranteed by moms.
To understand what science says about the use of hing to cure acidity, Health Shots got in touch with Dr Anuradha Arisetty, Consultant – Dietitian/Nutritionist, Motherhood Hospitals, Hebbal, Bengaluru.
Dr Arisetty says, “In terms of flavour and health, Indian spices are extremely famous. Hing is one of them. It is a widely available spice that is used in many different Indian dishes. This spice can be a great home remedy for acidity and other digestive issues.”
It is advised to include hing in your daily diet to avoid a multitude of gastrointestinal issues.
1. Hing aids in better digestion by enhancing the activity of digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
2. Due to its carminative qualities, hing may also be helpful in the control of flatulence.
3. Due to its laxative properties, it also relieves constipation by encouraging bowel movements.
4. Hing can be useful for weight management and for reducing belly fat.
5. Bloating is brought on by gas buildup, indigestion, and water retention. Using hing is a fantastic remedy for your digestive issues because of its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory characteristics.
6. Because of its alkaline makeup, hing can assist with digestion and prevent acid reflux.
1. Anti asthmatic benefits: Hing is understood to contain antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial characteristics that aid in keeping infections out of the respiratory tract.
2. Alleviate stress: Hing is referred to as a stress regulator. You can prevent many additional health problems, ranging from infertility to heart problems, by minimising stress.
3. Ease cramps: The fact is that since this spice helps to smooth out abdominal muscles, cramps don’t seem as terrible.
4. Antiviral benefits: It effectively inhibits the growth of the virus and keeps you protected against the flu. It helps to provide relief from cough, cold, and sores throat
5. Great for scalp and hair: You should give hing a try if you think that home remedies will help your hair. It effectively exfoliates your scalp. It retains moisture for a longer time when combined with other ingredients like curd and honey.
6. Your skin’s best friend: Hing is packed with antioxidants, and we all know that antioxidants work to protect our bodies from the damaging effects of free radicals. Hing helps in making our skin super healthy.
7. Boosts metabolism: Because hing improves digestion, it can also increase the body’s metabolism which can ultimately help in weight loss journey.
Hing has a remarkable nutritional profile. It has been used for many years in Ayurvedic medicine, and in addition to easing stomach problems including bloating, flatulence, and constipation, it offers various health benefits for people’s bodies. You can get its advantages by adding a pinch or two of hing (about 1 gram) to your food each day.