Weight loss on your mind? Try Pooja Makhija’s recipe for healthy and delicious sweet potato pizza
When you embark on a weight loss diet, pizzas do not feature in that list. But what if we say you can enjoy a few slices, without worrying about gaining any kilos? Yes, it’s true. Thanks to celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija, we can now enjoy sweet potato pizza that’s healthy and delicious at the same time. For the uninitiated, sweet potatoes are rich in magnesium and also keep blood sugar levels in check. So, you don’t even have to think at all! Just sit down, relax and bite into this slice of heaven.
Here’s what Pooja wrote in her latest Instagram post,” Healthy, yummy and super satiating pizza!”
Check out the post here:
She has also shared the recipe for this satiating treat. Are you ready to find out? Let’s go!
1 big sweet potato
3 tbsp sprouted ragi flour
Salt, mixed herbs, and chili flakes to taste
2 tbsp pizza sauce
Here’s how to make this pizza:
- Boil the sweet potato and mash it well.
2. Add ragi flour and salt, and knead into a dough.
- Divide into two. Pat into a thin crust on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Pat some mixed herbs and chilli flakes on the base.
- Spread pizza sauce and add toppings of choice. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy this yumminess on your plate!
If you don’t enjoy sweet potato, you also also choose to replace maida with atta. Well, it won’t be as healthy as this version, but still better than the other options. You can also try and use cottage cheese or feta cheese instead of mozzarella. Whatever be the case, it’s time to enjoy pizza guilt-free!