This super-simple beetroot-yogurt dip recipe will change the way you snack
If you love eating chips with dips and have been making do with mayonnaise thanks to the lockdown, then we are here with a genius dip recipe that will revolutionize the way you snack. Please welcome this beetroot-yogurt dip that is lip-smacking good.
Apart from being drool-worthy, beetroot-yogurt dip is also tremendously healthy. And we’ve got beetroot to thank for that. Also known as chakundar, this root is rich in fibre, folate, iron, and vitamin C—which makes it a great inclusion for people with anaemia and pregnant women.
And since the base of this dip is yogurt, your gut health is taken care of. Hung curd, in particular, has lesser carbs and more protein than regular yogurt—which makes this dip a great snack for those looking to lose weight.
But what makes this dip really stand out is a super-special ingredient which neutralises the strong taste of the beetroots and adds a hint of sweetness. And no, it’s not sugar. Rather, it’s dates or khajur. Apart from lending a really lovely texture to the dip, dates bring a hefty dose of antioxidants and fibre to this dip recipe.
Now that we have given you a lowdown on the yummy ingredients of this recipe, let’s get down to making this super-simple beetroot-yogurt dip:
3 big dates OR 8 raisins
2 small beetroots
Salt to taste
2 garlic cloves
5 tbsp hung curd
1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Chilli flakes to taste
- Soak the dates or raisins in hot water for half an hour. If you are using dates, make sure you remove the seeds before proceeding with the recipe.
- While you soak the dates, peel and chop the beetroots. Now, steam them until they’re soft enough to blend easily.
- In the jar of your blender, add the beetroot, dates, salt, garlic cloves, and extra-virgin olive oil. Blitz the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the hung curd and blitz once more until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chilli flakes. And you’re done!
Yup folks, making this dip is that easy. So, what did you think of this scrumptious beetroot-yogurt dip recipe? Do let us know in the comments below.