If your diet plan is coming in the way of you and pancakes, then we are here to help you out. How? Well, by making it healthy. You might wonder how it is going to happen, but ladies, it’s really simple. Because we are going to replace the high-calorie sugar with jaggery, and add a fruit to your pancake. Any guess on the fruit? Yes, it is the good old trusted banana.
You got it right – we are going to make jaggery and banana pancakes today. So are you ready?
200 gms, crushed jaggery
250 gms, whole wheat flour
2 ripe and one fresh banana
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
olive oil to grease the pan
500 ml water
Honey for dressing
1. First of all, take two ripe bananas and mash them into a bowl.
2. Now add flour to the mashed bananas, and mix them well. Add jaggery powder and mix it properly.
3. Now warm the water, and add it slowly to avoid lumps. Maintain a smooth consistency, and keep whisking the mix.
Tip: Please see that the batter should not be of runny consistency. In case it is, then do add some flour and jaggery powder.
4. Now add cinnamon and cardamom powder to the mix, and give it a final whisk. Now, keep this mix for 10 minutes.
5. Now take a pan, keep it on medium flame, and spread some olive oil on it. Now evenly spread the batter.
6. In a minute or two, check whether the pancake is cooked from one side or not. If it has turned golden brown, then flip it to cook it from the other side.
7. Once cooked, serve it on a plate. Now take sliced bananas and spread it over the pancake. Lastly, with the help of a spoon sprinkle some honey over the pancake and bananas, and enjoy.
Tip: If you want a crunch element in your pancakes, then you can top it up with some nuts like almonds, pista, cashew, and walnuts.
Your low cal, sugar-free, and amazingly healthy pancake is ready.
If breakfast is the only meal of the day you take seriously, then it is important to make it healthy and worthwhile. Just having fruits or cereals won’t make up for the calories that you actually need for the entire day. If you do not pay attention, then you will have cravings throughout the day, and end up bingeing on junk food.
But with this pancake recipe, you can enjoy breakfast American-style, which is not just yum but healthy! And as it has banana, so no worries about hunger pangs.
It is a healthy sweet dish for those who take their diet plan way too seriously, because there is nothing in it that will reverse the effect of their diet. Now what more do you want?
So ladies, it’s time to dig in!