No Christmas celebration is complete without a plum cake! Now, we know you don’t want to disturb your diet plan amidst the festive mood by treating yourself to the Christmas confectionaries. But, we don’t want you to miss out on the beloved plum cake either. Hence, we’ve brought you a recipe which strikes the perfect balance between celebration and health.
For this plum cake, we’ve replaced maida with jowar flour which is known to be good for digestion and free of gluten.
So, are you ready to welcome Christmas on a healthy note this year? Let’s begin!
1. Take a pan and soak the dry fruits and plum in water for 15 minutes. You can add rum to this mix too. Now, place this pan on the stove and let the mixture boil. Once reduced to half, keep this mixture aside and let it cool.
2. In the meanwhile, preheat the oven at 170 degrees.
3. Take a bowl and add jowar flour, almond powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, and clove powder to it. Mix these ingredients well.
4. Take another bowl and beat eggs in it.
5. Now, mix peanut butter, coconut sugar, lemon and orange zest in a separate bowl.
6. Add beaten eggs to this mixture. Continue whisking and add some vanilla essence once the ingredients are mixed well.
7. Add the jowar flour mix that contains all the dry ingredients to this bowl as well.
8. Next up, add the soaked dry fruits and plums to this mix. Keep whisking till all the ingredients come together as a mixture.
9. Prepare a baking tray by placing a baking paper on it and greasing it. Spread the batter on it.
10. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. After it’s cooked, allow it to cool down before enjoying with a steaming cup of latte!
Tip: Put a knife in the middle of the cake to see if it’s cooked properly. If it comes out wet, give it another 5 minutes in the oven. If it comes out dry, your plum cake is ready.
So, bring out that apron and get ready to bake a healthy plum cake for Christmas!