Winter has come to an end, and that means it’s time to enjoy handa-thanda, cool-cool food. And we are sure ice-cream must definitely be on your mind! But what about those calories? Relax, because you can now watch your calories and enjoy ice-cream too. How you may ask? All thanks to this oats and nuts kulfi.
The best part is both weight-watchers and diabetics can nosh on them, because this kulfi contains no refined sugar. Plus, it has the goodness of nuts and saffron.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get to the recipe:
1. Take oats, coconut, and cardamom seeds, and make a fine powder using a mixer. Take it out in a bowl.
2. Now add all the dry fruits and roughly grind them.
Tip: If you don’t like the coarse texture of dry fruits, you can grind it into a fine powder with oats.
3. In another bowl, take two tablespoons of milk, and soak the saffron strands in it.
4. Take a pan, put it on low flame, and add the rest of the milk to it. It’s now time to add the oats mix, and dry fruits in it. Keep whisking the mix to avoid lumps.
5. After a minute or two, add jaggery and honey. Mix again.
6. When the mixture starts thickening up, add saffron milk and mix the batter.
7. After a minute or two, remove the pan from the flame. Let the mixture cool. Add rose water and mix again.
8. Now place this mix in a mold, insert the ice cream sticks, and freeze it for five to six hours.
It’s time to dig into this yummy and healthy oats and nuts kulfi!