Listen to this article
Food is an essential part of Indian culture, and it’s not just about sustenance, it’s an emotion! On the occasion of Republic Day 2023, why not combine our love for food with our patriotism? These healthy tricolor food recipes are a creative and delicious way to celebrate the national flag’s colors while still maintaining a nutritious diet. Here are 5 healthy tricolour or tiranga food recipes for you to enjoy this day to the fullest!
HealthShots presents a collection of healthy tricolor recipes, including Tricolor Idli, Tricolor Sandwich, and Tricolor Dhokla. Each recipe uses different purees and spices to create the different colours of the dishes, and they all use a steaming method of cooking. These dishes are not only visually appealing but also a creative way to incorporate different flavours and nutrition into your meals.
* 3 cups idli batter
* 1/4th cup spinach puree
* Red chilli powder, gun powder (a south indian spice called milgai podi)
* 1 tbsp oil
1. Divide the idli batter into 3 parts (1 cup each) and add spinach puree to one part, gun powder and chilli powder to the second part and leave the third part just like that.
2. You can also use carrot puree to make one part orange.
3. Grease the steamer with oil and pour the batter into it.
4. Steam the batter and tricolour idlis are ready!
* 4-8 slices of brown bread
* 1 grated carrot
* 2-3 cheese slices
* 1/2 cup coriander or mint chutney
* Tomato Ketchup
1. Take a slice of bread and spread tomato ketchup on it, top it up with grated carrot and cover it with another slice of bread. This makes your orange layer.
2. Then put a cheese slice on top and spread coriander chutney on it and again cover with a bread slice. This will make up for the white and green layer and the tricolour sandwich is ready!
* 1 cup Dhokla batter
* 1/2 cup carrot puree
* 1/2 cup spinach puree
* Sugar and salt to taste
* 1 tsp baking soda
* Mustard seeds, hing, green chilli, lemon juice
1. Make some dhokla batter by mixing soji and yogurt and separate it into 3 parts.
2. Add carrot puree to one part, spinach puree to the second and do nothing with the third part.
3. Add some sugar and baking soda to each part.
4. Put the batter in a steamer in order. Orange first then white and green batter on the top.
5. Steam for 10-15 minutes and pour the tempering made with mustard seeds, hing, green chilli, water, salt and sugar.
* 1 cup rice
* 1 chopped onion
* 1/2 cup tomato puree
* Coriander, green chilli, cashew nuts
* Mustard seeds
1. Wash and steam the rice until they are cooked.
2. Separate the rice into three parts and cook one part in tomato puree, second in the paste of coriander, green chili and cashews and leave the third part as it is.
3. Your tricolour pulao is ready to serve.
* 1 chopped kiwi
* 1 banana chopped
* 1/4 chopped papaya
* 1 cup yogurt
* Honey to taste
* 1 cup Milk
1. Divide milk into three parts and blend with different coloured fruits to make three colours.
2. For orange blend with papaya, for green blend with kiwi and for white blend with banana.
3. Tricolour smoothie is ready!
These healthy tricolor recipes are a fun and creative way to incorporate the colors of the national flag into your meals while also ensuring they are healthy. These dishes are sure to add a festive vibe to your Republic Day celebrations and leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Happy Republic Day!
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker