Not a big fan of oats? This oats omelette recipe will make you fall in love with the breakfast staple
Oats and eggs – two of the healthiest options when it comes to breakfast. Yet, not many people love them. You can hear the many “ewwws” and “yucks” from miles away when these items land up on the breakfast table–especially the humble oat.
Sure, oats are bland–but what if we club them with eggs for a crunchy omelette. Why not, right? After all, yeh taste ka mamla hai… and nobody wants to compromise on that.
So, without further ado, we present: the oats omelette!
2 egg whites
Chopped ginger to taste
Chopped coriander to taste
Chopped green chillies taste
½ packet masala oats
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the egg whites, ginger, chillies, coriander, masala oats, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk them thoroughly until the eggs become fluffy and frothy.
- Now heat a pan and grease it with olive oil. Spread the mix evenly and cook it properly from both the sides
- Once cooked, serve it on a plate and enjoy
Want a tasty accompaniment for your omelette? Well, give a slice of multigrain bread a chance to make this meal more filling.
But what makes this omelette a great bet for all the fitness freaks in the house? Well…
Oats can be your perfect breakfast bud
- They are a healthy source of carbs and are rich in fibre, and can hence help with weight loss
- They are rich in antioxidants, which can grant you heart health
- It’s beta-glucan content will keep your appetite and cholesterol in check
- High fibre means regular bowel movements
And egg whites are bae for all those who work out
- Egg whites are an excellent post-workout substitute as they are rich in protein
- Also rich in potassium, they help build bone strength
- Next on the chart is riboflavin which can boost up your metabolism and lead to weight loss
- Choline present in egg whites improve brain function
So ladies, try this eggilious oats omelette recipe and let us know if you love them oats now in the comments section below.