Although the Navratri and Ramadan season is on, we can’t visit Old Delhi this time around to enjoy the ever-popular sharbat-e-mohabbat. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favourite drink right at home. Yes, it’s true. You can cheer yourself up with a glass of this summer refresher, but with a healthy twist.
So, stop drooling and note down the ingredients you need to make sharbat-e-mohabbat.
Step 1: Take a jug and add milk, water, honey, and rooh afza/organic rose essence, and mix all these ingredients well.
Step 2: Next, take a glass and add watermelon cubes and ice in it. On top of these cubes, pour the mix that you have prepared.
Step 3: Now, add soaked chia seeds and rose petals. Trust us, you’ll fall in love the moment you have your first sip!
Tip: For all of you, who are lactose-intolerant, don’t feel left out because you can very well avoid using milk in this sharbat-e-mohabbat. Just keep it water-based, and don’t forget to put the juice of one lemon for a tangy twist.
If you see, apart from rooh afza, there is nothing that’s high in calories, and that’s why we are limiting its quantity. So, there’s no need to worry.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
Here are some added benefits that will make you a big fan of this summer cooler:
1. It will keep you hydrated, as it has water and watermelon.
2. Due to honey, it will keep your gut cool. This also helps to avoid acid reflux, which is common during fasting.
3. We all know how good chia seeds are for your health. The superfood helps to energize you, since it is loaded with fibre, protein, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. As you are fasting, all these nutrients can help you fuel your body for day-to-day chores.
4. Another thing that makes sharbat-e-mohabbat a must-have cooler is the addition of rose petals. You will be shocked to know that eating rose petals can actually have major health benefits:
5. Plus, the drink also helps you maintain the electrolyte balance in your body, which is critical during this season.
So, go ahead and make this drink today! Cheers!