Salads and cucumbers go together like salt and pepper. Experts frequently classify it as both a fruit and a vegetable because it is a member of the Cucurbitaceae plant family, which also includes watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. The benefits of cucumber make it a worthy addition to your diet!
According to Dr Blake Livinghood, a natural medicines expert and herbalist, cucumbers contain most vitamins that you need every single day. Just one cucumber contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6, Folic acid, vitamin c, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
If you feel tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda or the afternoon coffee and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of all those B vitamins, and of electrolytes. It can re-energize you and your cells for several hours
That also means cucumber can actually be a great day starter. Try to include the benefits of cucumber in your diet.
Gauri Anand, senior dietician at BLK Super Specialty Hospital, shared a recipe of cucumber sandwich through an Instagram post. It is a healthy breakfast or a snack for you which can be made in no time!
Here’s how you can make it:
Finely chopped carrot
* Take 2 teaspoon of hung curd (hung curd can be easily prepared at home. You just have to drain all of its water by tying it in a muslin cloth. After 3-4 hours it is squeezed to get all the water out of it and your hung curd is ready.)
* Add some finely chopped carrot, cucumber and bell pepper to it.
* Mix them well with the curd.
* Now, take 2 cucumber slices and add this mixture on one of them. Cover the other cucumber above it.
* Your cucumber sandwich is ready.
A snack should be any meal which is considered to be the quickest food that can be prepared and adding ingredients which are full of nutrients is definitely a win-win.
Probiotic consists of some good bacteria which is good for our health and body’s functionality. This good bacteria helps your body fight with unwanted microorganisms.
Curd and cucumber have the ability to prevent constipation and other digestion issues. Both of these have water and dietary fibre which is good for digestion. So, curd and cucumber is the best combination to keep your stomach healthy.
All the ingredients in the cucumber sandwich are full of nutrients. It’s high on taste and health.