Let’s all admit to one thing today: our eating habits fall prey to our hectic lifestyles more than anything else. After all, isn’t this the reason why the demand for home delivery is rapidly increasing? Don’t even get us started on eating while commuting! It’s out of duress–not choice!
Not eating on time also has its own repercussions. Gastric distress and unwanted cravings that turn you into a binge monster are a couple to begin with. The result? Obesity, high cholesterol, fluctuating blood pressure, and diabetes.
Don’t worry! We’re not here to scare you. Rather, we have a solution for those hunger bouts that go ignored. Enter: oats and nuts bar. Easy and home-made, you can munch on these anytime you want without gaining those extra kilos.
So without further ado, let’s get cooking!
500 gms oats
10 roasted almonds, roughly crushed
10 roasted cashews, roughly crushed
10 roasted walnuts, roughly crushed
20 roasted peanuts
10 gms pumpkin seeds
10 gms muskmelon seeds
10 gms flax seeds
4 tbsp peanut butter
Jaggery to taste
Olive oil to grease the pan
1. Soak the jaggery in warm water until it dissolves. Stir to remove any lumps.
2. Now take a pan and put it on medium flame. Grease it with some olive oil and sauté the oats until they turn light golden.
3. Now add nuts and seeds, and mix them well. After a minute or two, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
4. Now add peanut butter and melted jaggery. Mix until well-combined.
5. Spread this mixture evenly on a plate and refrigerate overnight to ensure that it binds properly.
Cut out slices in desired shapes and sizes from the set mixture, and enjoy!
Not just taste, with these bars nutrition is up for grabs as well
Oats and nuts nourish with proteins and fibre–both ingredients that keep you fuller for longer. Moreover, this bar can instantly charge you up. The plethora of seeds that it is fortified with aid weight loss and offer macro-nutrients that your body needs.
So the next time hunger strikes, keep this easy-to-make bars handy.