All the egg lovers out there, this one’s for you. Eggs are loved by kids and adults, alike. They are the go-to option of many people who are looking for something versatile, easy-to-prepare and healthy at the same time.
While there are a plethora of ways in which you can experiment with this versatile superfood, there is absolutely nothing more pretty-looking and appetising than a perfectly poached egg. And by saying a perfect one, we mean an egg where whites are firm enough to hold within the golden yolk, which is oozy and runny in consistency.
If just a mere mention of it has got you all drooling, fret not folks—we bring to you a stellar recipe of poached eggs that won’t take much of your time and effort and still come out amazing AF!
All you’ve got to do is get some techniques right with some practice and voila, you’ll know how to poach eggs.
Things you’ll need:
A slotted spoon
A wide pot
1 tsp Vinegar
1. Crack your egg in a small bowl and keep it aside.
2. Next, add water to a pot along with one teaspoon vinegar and bring it to boil.
3. Once you see the bubbles coming in water, reduce the flame to low and immerse the bowl with egg into the water. Hold it there for a few seconds and then eventually let it drop into the water.
4. While the egg cooks, gently keep the water moving with the help of a slotted spoon.
5. Don’t forget to put the timer on. For soft-poached egg, take the eggs out after three minutes.
6. Take out the egg using a slotted spoon and drain as much water as possible.
These poached eggs will not only make your meal look fancier but also add colour and nutrition to your plate and palate. You can either savour it as is with some salt and pepper or even use it to add some oomph to those otherwise bland and boring leafy salads.
So, go ahead and try this easy way of poaching eggs. If you’ve got some quirky eggs recipes to share, don’t shy away from dropping your ideas in the comments section below.