Listen to this article
The world of health and fitness is abuzz with new information, every single day! And guess what? Carbs have become the ‘most evil’ foods today, even if they are not. It’s important to differentiate between good and bad carbs, instead of canceling them. That means you can always look for healthy alternatives; you don’t really have to say goodbye to them!
When it comes to carbs, white bread tops the list. Yes, the joy of slathering on dollops of butter on freshly toasted bread is unparalleled. But let’s face facts — you can’t eat that all the time. Plus, the packaged varieties you get today are packed with preservatives!
That’s exactly why we think trying out this gluten-free bread recipe by Pooja Makhija is completely worth it! And the best part is you can bake it yourself in JUST 90 seconds! If you love herbs, add a pinch of cinnamon or even oregano, and it will elevate the flavour. Adding nut butters or even seeds is a good idea.
Here’s what her caption reads, “Again I love my carbs ok! But in case you are avoiding them or trying to cut gluten, then this could be an easy, super quick bread you can bake.”
Now that we’ve made you salivate, let’s get to the recipe right away!
3 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp butter
¼ tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1. In a bowl, take almond flour and mix it with butter.
2. Add an egg and blend it well with baking powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Whisk the batter properly and put it in the microwave for 90 seconds.
4. The gluten-free bread is ready to eat.
Absolutely YES! Here are some benefits you must know about:
1. Helps manage celiac disease: For the unversed, celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder in which no type of protein from wheat, rye, barley and oats can be tolerated. In such cases, removing gluten from the diet really helps.
2. Promotes healthy digestion: If you are someone who deals with digestive issues every now and then, it is best to eliminate gluten from your diet. In fact, in this manner, you can maintain healthy bacteria in your digestive tract.
3. Rich in fibre: The commercially-available white bread makes use of bleached white flour, which does more harm than good. On the other hand, gluten-free foods use other ingredients for flavour and texture.
So ladies, there are so many reasons to say YES to gluten-free foods!