Listen to this article
Parathas are one of India’s most-loved foods, and for good reason. The joy of digging into sumptuous stuffed paratha with a dollop of white butter is unparalleled. Although everyone loves it, those who are weight-conscious try to stay away from it as much as possible. But you can now relish parathas without any guilt—yes, you heard it right.
To make your parathas weight loss-friendly, make sure to stuff it with fibre and protein compounds. So, instead of aloo or paneer, go for tofu, because it is both nutritious and tasty.
If you want to lose weight, tofu parathas will not get in the way of your goals. Tofu, or bean curd is a popular ingredient in a vegan diet. It is made from soy milk, which is beneficial for weight loss. The most significant advantage of soymilk is that it is low in calories and sugar content. Besides, tofu contains several vitamins and minerals, and serves as a good source of protein. What’s more, it contains all nine amino acids. All in all, tofu is a great option to manage your weight.
1. In a mixing bowl, grate 100 grams tofu and keep it aside.
2. Take another bowl and add two cups of wheat flour and a teaspoon of oil.
3. Gradually, add water to make it into a stiff and firm dough.
4. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Now, chop one onion, green chili, and some fresh coriander leaves. Add all these veggies to grated tofu, and mix them well.
6. Add some salt, according to your taste and a pinch of amchur.
7. Make balls from the dough, flatten them out, and stuff them into the tofu-veggie mixture. Roll into a boll again.
8. Flatten the ball and dust it with flour, and roll it out to make parathas. Similarly, repeat the process with other balls.
9. Gently put the paratha on a heated pan on medium flame. After a minute, flip the paratha.
10. Add some oil or ghee to give it a nice crunch. The paratha is ready, when it looks golden on both sides.
Remove the paratha and serve it.
So ladies, no more avoiding parathas to manage your weight. All you really need is tofu!