Listen to this article
Healthy snacking is not supposed to be mundane and bland. If you think we cracked the biggest joke, then we’re here to tell you how you can combine health with taste with this healthy snacks recipe! There are so many people who want to adopt a healthy lifestyle, but often wonder if eating right means giving up on taste.
Now, when someone mentions spinach in the name of snacks, you think it’s going to be really bland! But, we’re letting you in on a little secret here: spinach can be extremely tasty, depending on how you cook and season it!
Palak (spinach) is a superfood, and every single bite will give you nutrients that will help you ward off diseases, build immunity and strength.
Rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese, eating this leafy delight benefits your eye health, improves blood pressure levels, strengthens the bones and boosts your energy levels. Remember how Popeye would eat just one can of spinach to fight off the biggest bullies? Turns out, that was the correct depiction of this superfood.
So, if you are looking for a healthy snack that is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, provides nutrients and is tasty, baked palak chips will hit all the right notes.
Now that we have provided you with the benefits of eating palak, here’s the recipe to make perfectly crunchy palak chips which are low on calories but high on taste:
Calories: 23 calories per serving
Here’s everything you need:
30 gms baby spinach (washed and dried)
1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil/olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Lay two baking sheets with parchment paper/aluminium foil.
3. Put the palak leaves in a bowl, and add olive oil. Toss, and mix until the palak is coated with olive oil.
4. Lay the palak leaves on the baking sheets in a single layer.
5. Put the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the palak is crispy.
6. Let the chips sit on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and you’re ready to serve and enjoy the chips.
Remember to eat these amazing chips, while they are still crispy!