Indulge in Yasmin Karachiwala’s chatpata sweet potato recipe without any guilt
Don’t we all love noshing on the most unhealthy foods, just out of habit? The answer is a big YES. But is it good for us? Of course, not. It’s a vicious cycle we say — your cravings get the better of you, and then you indulge in not-so-good foods. Eventually, you go on a guilt trip, and voila, the whole joy of relishing food gets killed. But how about enjoying a perfect balance of taste and health, especially when it comes to snacks? It is possible, all thanks to celeb nutritionist Yasmin Karachiwala’s healthy recipes.
She’s someone who makes sure her audience is treated to delicious food, but without piling on the calories. This time around, Yasmin has shared the recipe of chatpata sweet potato, and trust us, we are drooling!
Here’s what she wrote in the caption, “Feel like snacking and not sure if you should binge on potato chips or fries. Guilt no more Here’s a super quick and super healthy sweet potato snack, which you can enjoy guilt-free.”
Check it out for yourself:
So, without further ado, let’s get to the recipe. Are you excited?
Here’s all you need:
250 gms Sweet potato
5 kashmiri red chilli
1 tbsp coriander/dhania seeds
1 tbsp cumin/jeera seeds
3 tbsp soaked tamarind
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp oil
5 to 7 curry leaves
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. In a hot pan, add Kashmiri red chilli, coriander seeds and cumin. Roast this for three to four minutes.
3. Add the roasted dry masala and soaked tamarind with water in a mixer to make a paste.
4. In a hot pan, add oil.
5. To hot oil, add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add curry leaves, then add the paste and salt. Cook this for two minutes.
6. Add diced boiled sweet potato to this mixture and mix it well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Enjoy the guilt-free snack!