With this 2-minute strawberry and pistachio smoothie you’ll always have time for breakfast
If you’re running out of healthy breakfast options, and are tired of eating oats and eggs every single day, then this recipe will make your day. It is loaded with nutrients, it’s vegan, and last but not the least, it’s great for those who are on a weight loss diet. Ladies, it’s time to make a strawberry and pistachio smoothie.
We’ve all heard that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and that’s why we believe it must be a hearty one. Of course, a high dose of carbs will lead to weight gain, so you have to look for options that are low on calorie count, but tantalise your taste buds too. And a good smoothie never fails to do that!
Ingredient (For one glass of smoothie)
- 10-15 strawberries
- 15-20 pistachios
- 1 banana
- Half apple
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soaked chia seeds
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of ginger powder
- A pinch of elaichi powder
This is how you are going to make this smoothie
1. Julienne two strawberries, and put them aside. Take two to three pistachios and chop them roughly, and keep them separately too. We will use it to add some extra crunch in the smoothie.
2. Now, take a blender and all the fruits i.e. strawberries, banana, and apple and give them a rough grind.
3. In the next step, add pistachio, almond milk, honey, cinnamon powder, elaichi powder, and ginger powder. Now, blend them into a smooth paste.
4. Next, take a glass and as the bottom most layer, place soaked chia seeds. Now top it with some strawberry slices and chopped pistachio. Now, pour the smoothie mix into the glass.
5. Top it with the leftover strawberry slices and pistachio chunks. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon powder if you want.
Ta-da! Your nutritious brekkie is ready.
This strawberry and pistachio smoothie is loaded with goodness
They are rich in fibre, antioxidants, and flavonoids. All these nutrients are not just great for your gut, but are also amazing for your skin, immunity, and cell growth. In fact, ellagic acid present in strawberries is known to suppress cancerous cells in the body. Plus, it helps in reducing bad-cholesterol too!
If you want to control the blood sugar levels in your body, then don’t forget to include pistachio in your diet. Also, the protein quotient in pistachio is on the higher side, and that’s why it keeps you fuller for a longer time.
3. It keeps you full and maintains your appetite
This smoothie is loaded with apples, bananas, chia seeds, and other ingredients that do not just keep you full, but also helps in curbing your craving for fast food. Plus, the cinnamon and ginger powder helps you improve your metabolism, eventually aiding in weight loss.
So, if you’re running late, and have only two minutes by the clock, then there can’t be anything better than making a strawberry and pistachio smoothie. Do try it and give your day a boost of nutrition!