Listen to this article
People say that your meal should be as colourful as possible, and if you think of one dish that meets the needs, it’s a salad! It’s also easy to prepare and is filling as well as healthy, just don’t go overboard with the dressing. There are so many options when it comes to salads. There’s Caesar salad, Greek salad, fruits salad, and the list goes on. But when it comes to a different healthy salad recipe, you don’t have to think too hard as celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala has a suggestion. Her pick is the crunchy Thai peanut salad, which has fiber, vitamins and minerals. Wondering how to make it at home? Read on to know how to make crunchy Thai peanut salad.
Peanut butter is one of the main ingredients of this salad, and it’s a good thing as it has unsaturated fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals (including 200 milligrams of potassium), and other nutrients, according to Harvard Health Publishing.
The salad also has lemon juice, which is a great source of Vitamin C. It helps to provide a boost to our body, promotes weight loss and aids in digestion, among other things, as per UPMC.
The dish has a good amount of garlic and ginger as well.
According to Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, garlic has shown great health-promoting and disease-preventing effects on many common diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, blood pressure and diabetes. As for ginger, it has many benefits, including the potential for treating a number of ailments like arthritis, indigestion, constipation and hypertension, as per International Journal of Preventive Medicine.
Now that you know what health benefits you can get from some of the ingredients of Crunchy Thai Peanut Salad, learn how to make this healthy salad recipe.
Here’s the recipe for Crunchy Thai peanut salad, which Karachiwala said is the “only salad you’ll ever need”! Besides, it is anything but boring.
* 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
* 1 tablespoon of soya sauce.
* 2 teaspoon of maple syrup.
* 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
* 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.
* 1 clove garlic, finely grated.
* 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
* 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt.
* 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
* 1/2 cup of Edamame, a young and green soybean (boiled and rinsed).
* 1/4 cup of dry Quinoa (cooked).
* 1/4 cup of iceberg lettuce (finely chopped).
* 1/2 cup of purple cabbage (finely chopped).
* 1/2 cup of carrots (finely grated).
* 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped).
* 3 medium green onion stalks (chopped).
* 2 tablespoon of roasted peanuts (chopped).
* 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
Check out the post here
1. Start by cooking the edamame and quinoa. While they cook, make the dressing.
2. Take a bowl, and add in all of the dressing ingredients then whisk well. Add some water into the dressing as per the consistency you like.
3. Add all the vegetables, but do it one by one.
4. Add on the quinoa, edamame, peanut butter and sesame seeds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to combine then have fun eating the simple salad.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker