Hate beetroots? Wait till you try this delicious vegan pink sauce pasta recipe
Beetroots have the most beautiful and natural red colour, and are a powerhouse of nutrients. Yet, most people are not keen to try this vegetable because of its slightly earthy and bitter taste. But who says you can’t cook yummy beetroot recipes?
Author Carleigh Bodrug, who also runs an online community of vegan lovers, took to Instagram to share a special recipe! She revealed how to make vegan pink pasta, which has a sauce made from beetroots. In fact, she has given a way to cut the bitterness of beetroots. Bodrug asserts that beetroots are packed with nitrates and antioxidants, and can even act as a natural pre-workout supplement.
Here are some benefits of beetroots:
Less calories, more nutrients
Beetroots are highly rich in vitamins and minerals, and have very few calories. What’s more you can ask for? Well, they also have high fibre content, which makes us feel fuller for a long period of time, thereby promoting weight loss.
Can replace artificial pre-workout supplements
Since they have high content of nitrates which increase the circulation of oxygen in our body, eating beetroots make it easier to perform high-intensity exercises for a longer period of time.
Also, read: Beetroot for beauty: 7 skin and hair benefits of this vibrant veggie
Good for strengthening bones
Beetroots are a rich source of magnesium, copper and folate. These all are great for the bones and help in making them stronger.
How to make pink pasta with beetroots?
We bet you can’t wait to reap its benefits, so here’s a recipe of beautifully pigmented pink pasta with a creamy beetroot sauce and all plant-based ingredients:
- Chop 1-2 beetroots and put them in a jar.
- Add a handful of cashew nuts, some coconut milk, and garlic. Then squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle a pinch of salt in the jar. Cashews and coconut milk help in cutting the earthiness of the beetroots.
- Blend the mixture together till a smooth and creamy sauce is prepared. You can add more beetroots to achieve the desired pink colour.
- Cook the pink sauce in a pan for a minute or two, and add some boiled pasta to it. Mix until the sauce completely coats the pasta.
- Garnish it with some vegan feta cheese and pistachios.
Your vegan pink sauce pasta is ready to savour!