Almost all of us are guilty of mindlessly noshing on those greasy and calorie-laden 4 pm snacks. C’mon girl, we bet you can’t say a no to that.
Amidst those tight deadlines and work pressure, a piping hot samosa can surely give your mood a much-needed pump for the remaining day ahead. But you should also know that it can negatively impact your health to a great extent.
Well, we aren’t asking you to completely give up on those temptations. Carry on with your 4 pm eating sessions, but in a healthy way. How, you ask?
Just replace those oil-laden bread pakoras with something wholesome, filling yet tasty. How about savouring some keto cookies with the goodness of almond flour, flaxseeds and chocolate chips?
Chef Meraj, executive chef, Four Points by Sheraton, Navi Mumbai shares a stellar recipe of this healthy cookie that is sure to get you drooling for more.
Just prepare a batch of these healthy cookies in the upcoming weekend and carry them to your workplace every day.
1 cup almond flour, finely ground
2-4 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chip
2 tbsp sugar-free sugar, powdered
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp soya milk
1. Take a glass bowl and add all the dry ingredients to it. Give them a nice stir.
2. Meanwhile, pre-heat an oven to 170 degree Celsius.
3. Now, gradually add all the wet ingredients to the bowl to form semi-stiff dough. Shape the dough into cookies.
4. Place them on a cookie tray and bake on the centre rack for 12 minutes.
5. Cool them down for 10 minutes. Once they cool down, they’ll get firm.
6. Store the cookies in an air-tight container and savour them as and when you like.
Here’s why you should opt for this healthy alternative
These cookies make for a healthy snacking option for their nutrient-dense ingredients. Almond flour, for instance, is relatively lower in carbs than all-purpose flour.
The best part about these cookies is that despite being healthy, they don’t compromise on the taste quotient. The sugar-free chocolate chips impart a chocolaty flavor to the cookies while keeping the sugar proportion in control. Hence, it’s a win-win situation for you!
So, without further ado, pick up all the required ingredients in your next grocery visit and try your hands at this easy-peasy healthy cookie recipe. Let us know how it worked out for you in the comments below.
With inputs from IANS